: Hail Damage can DIAF!

HAZZARDJOHN
09-30-10, 01:22 AM
I tried to take pics but they just don't show up on camera. My pickup got hit with hail at my folks house a month or so ago I didn't think it was that bad until my friend Randy and I shampoo'd the carpet in his shop a few weeks ago. He is a Zaino retailer and has an eye for paint and body damage. Man that guy can point out a flaw in a body panel and make you self conscious about it! After that day it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. :(

I had my pickup in to the insurance adjusters today for the damage, and the final bill is $3500! They are going to replace the hood and the roof. I was just going to get the truck painted in the spring on the lower half to clean up some rock chips, and where the exhaust burned the paint, but now I will get the whole truck redone. It really isn't that bad and normal people would live with it, but I love this pickup, so I can't stand to see it like that.

So my pickup is getting a serious makeover in the spring. The SS/T rims are going on with a small suspension lift, new paint, exhaust including headers, a brand new leer topper with all the bells and whistles, and I have a few subtle things in mind too. If I can find an aftermarket hood I like I might go with that too, but so far all the one's I seen online look lame.

(insert comment about crappy Dodge tranny here)

Here are some pics since I feel like being a whore in my whine thread!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Johnny1107/DODGE/PC280176.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Johnny1107/DODGE/PC280181.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/Johnny1107/DODGE/newwheels01.jpg

^ Those are the SS/T wheels, they will be blasted and clear powdercoated, with 285/70r17 BFG A/Ts in the spring. Same height as my 265/75r16 winter dueler's I just got for $200 with less than 1000 miles on them. That way I only have to fix my speedometer once.

~HJ

Florian
09-30-10, 09:47 AM
why paint that Dodge POS, its only gonna rust on ya in a few years? Let it rot.

F

HAZZARDJOHN
09-30-10, 10:02 AM
Cause it is/has been a great Pickup. Whether you think it is a POS or not, I couldn't care less. this pickup has been reliable and looks great and is rust free (12 winters now). Plus it is paid for, gets 17 MPG, and fits my needs better than any other pickup I've owned. I don't plan on replacing this pickup for at least 10 years.

~HJ

ga_etc
09-30-10, 01:51 PM
Cool. Best of luck with the project! Sorry to hear that it was subjected to hail though.

RippyPartsDept
09-30-10, 02:44 PM
hahah DIAF!

are you an NSFWshow fan?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-30-10, 08:05 PM
That is a nice looking truck John. That's your daily driver, right?

HAZZARDJOHN
10-01-10, 03:25 PM
Yeah pretty much. I want to get a new D/D as I bought this when I drove 1 mile a day. Now I drive 30 and it isn't the uber low mileage ram it used to be. Basically I want to keep useless miles off of it.

~HJ

Eric Kahn
10-01-10, 10:57 PM
I have a 99 dodge 1500 that was a state of Kentucky truck before I got it 2 years ago, the only major thing wrong with it is the top of the dash has broken apart so I basically have a large gaping whole that you can see all the ductwork and stuff under it, about half of it is gone, but for a beater truck it is great, and the AC and cruise work

HAZZARDJOHN
10-04-10, 02:38 AM
Yeah, my expectations were low for this pickup, knowing Dodge ram 1500's from the mid to late 90's reputation, but it was cheap and had low mileage. But it is the best pickup I have ever owned, period. And I have owned some great pickups. The only thing that needs fixing on it are the reverse lights. They stopped working after I had my Trailer brakes installed and I just have been too lazy to figure out why.

~HJ

Jesda
10-05-10, 08:52 PM
Sharp looking truck! Always liked those, at least to look at.