: Need help on buying an used STS

wantscadillac
09-29-10, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone!

After a few days of searching I am pretty much decided to take a 06 or 07 STS home. I know 08+ STS looks better, however I have to pay 5000 dollars more. Not sure whether it is worth that much.

Here is the links to that two STS. Oh by the way if it's not appropriate to put any link in this topic please let me know and I will delete it.

http://usedcars.kbb.com/detail/cars/ob-N7w5w7u8u7TQsBsE0LZLg7t7e2uzkQaHmZvWCTOzGdlETw==/?pl=5&csearch=5&v_ref=aHR0cDovL3VzZWRjYXJzLmtiYi5jb20vY2Fycy9jYXJz LWZvci1zYWxlLUNhZGlsbGFjLlNUUy9sb2NhdGlvbi04NTcxOA %3D%3D&v_user=a2JidWNp&kbb_zip=85718

http://usedcars.kbb.com/detail/cars/ob-N7w5w7u8u7TQsBsE0LZLg7t7e2uzkQaHVMMdnQgdzQHDbw==/?pl=1&csearch=1&v_ref=aHR0cDovL3VzZWRjYXJzLmtiYi5jb20vY2Fycy9jYXJz LWZvci1zYWxlLUNhZGlsbGFjLlNUUy9sb2NhdGlvbi04NTcxOA %3D%3D&v_user=a2JidWNp&kbb_zip=85718

My questions are:
1. Which one do you think should be the first choice?
2. The price of these two cars are still higher according to the TMV on edmunds.com. Can I use that to bargain? What's your opinion about the price?
3. Is there a huge difference between v6 and v8? AWD and RWD?

I have my first car form a privite seller because lots of my friends told me not to deal with the dealers. Well this time I think I don't have too many choices especially for a STS in my city. Is there anything I should keep in mind since it's my first time to do business with local dealers ?

Thanks in advance and any suggestion will be appreciated.

jedhead
09-30-10, 04:46 AM
I bought my STS-V from a dealer because I wanted a CPO with the extended warranty.

Bob

caddyfat2
09-30-10, 08:29 AM
car number 1

wantscadillac
09-30-10, 02:13 PM
I bought my STS-V from a dealer because I wanted a CPO with the extended warranty.

Bob

Thank you for your suggestion! However, I don't think there is any CPO sts in my area.

wantscadillac
09-30-10, 02:15 PM
car number 1

Thank you very much! I will check it out first.

caddyfat2
09-30-10, 03:13 PM
wantscadillac just a word to the wise.(So far my car went thru about $4000 worth of repairs) Make sure you buy yourself and EXTENDED WARRANTY.

PS: Looks like car #1 has the optional 18" wheels and a navi which right off the bat car #2 doesn't have and thats just from what I can see. It probably has a lot more options that the other car.

wantscadillac
09-30-10, 11:01 PM
wantscadillac just a word to the wise.(So far my car went thru about $4000 worth of repairs) Make sure you buy yourself and EXTENDED WARRANTY.

PS: Looks like car #1 has the optional 18" wheels and a navi which right off the bat car #2 doesn't have and thats just from what I can see. It probably has a lot more options that the other car.

Wow... Did the repairs cost that much?! Do you mind if I ask how long have u had your STS? For the warranty programs, what exactly are you referring? The basic, drivetrain, roadside or rust?

Yes the car #1 has the Nav system. Frankly I don't really mind this feature since I already have owned a GPS. Does the V8 model always come with more features than the V6 one?

Again thank you very much for your time and your informative response.

trackbait
10-01-10, 11:56 AM
Would you be interested in a loaded 2008 with only 22k on it for $25,500 ****CLICK HERE**** (http://www.c5dreamer.com/my-sts) V8 Northstar, all options except Adaptive Cruise and Lane Change Warning. Tinted Glass, Corsa Exhaust, Lockpick included

wantscadillac
10-01-10, 01:05 PM
Would you be interested in a loaded 2008 with only 22k on it for $25,500 ****CLICK HERE**** (http://www.c5dreamer.com/my-sts) V8 Northstar, all options except Adaptive Cruise and Lane Change Warning. Tinted Glass, Corsa Exhaust, Lockpick included

Thank you for your reply. I am intrested in your car, however, it is a little far from AZ to your area (I assume you live in Texas). Also, the price is a little bit high just for me.

Anyway, it is a really good deal. I hope your car will find its next owner soon.

PS, your Corvette looks extremely gorgeous and stylish. :)

wantscadillac
10-02-10, 01:04 AM

I went to the local dealers and checked out those two cars. Honestly, I am really disappointed of the twos cars. They all got several minor problems especailly for the car #1 and average MPG is around 8 which is really low.

I think I will probably go to 08+ CTS or other cars like Lexus GS300.

Again thank you very much for your time.

caddyfat2
10-02-10, 04:20 AM
Did you say 8 MPG,if so then something is definately wrong because my 05 AWD V8 gets around 15 MPG city and around 22 MPG hwy.

Lifer
10-02-10, 11:42 AM

Nice pictures. Finally, someone who makes viewing the pics exciting.

Lifer
10-02-10, 11:52 AM
I went to the local dealers and checked out those two cars. Honestly, I am really disappointed of the twos cars. They all got several minor problems especailly for the car #1 and average MPG is around 8 which is really low.

I think I will probably go to 08+ CTS or other cars like Lexus GS300.

Again thank you very much for your time.

Car #1 is Xactly like mine. 8 MPG is sick. This puppy's got troubles.

RippyPartsDept
10-02-10, 11:53 AM
Yes, i agree... great picture gallery there... all the angles (interior and exterior) give you a real good feel for the car

EChas3
10-02-10, 11:30 PM
We get more than 3 snowfalls a year; hence tire-swaps or AWD. Otherwise go RWD. Unless you can go 2008 or newer, get the V8. Not only will you enjoy the power, prior to 2008 all the best goodies were not available on the V6.

A Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac is your best and least expensive protection from expensive repairs. GM Extended Warranty is almost as good. There are dozens of other warranties, insurance with different coverages/deductables or even a car maintenance savings plan.

wantscadillac
10-03-10, 02:12 AM
Did you say 8 MPG,if so then something is definately wrong because my 05 AWD V8 gets around 15 MPG city and around 22 MPG hwy.

I know it's hard to believe. I saw it in the screen on the dashboard.

wantscadillac
10-03-10, 02:15 AM
Car #1 is Xactly like mine. 8 MPG is sick. This puppy's got troubles.

Yeah I think the Car #1 do have some problems even from just a 3 miles test drive. Hope the dealer will fix those problem.

wantscadillac
10-03-10, 02:20 AM
We get more than 3 snowfalls a year; hence tire-swaps or AWD. Otherwise go RWD. Unless you can go 2008 or newer, get the V8. Not only will you enjoy the power, prior to 2008 all the best goodies were not available on the V6.

A Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac is your best and least expensive protection from expensive repairs. GM Extended Warranty is almost as good. There are dozens of other warranties, insurance with different coverages/deductables or even a car maintenance savings plan.

Thank you so much!!!!

You are exactly right. The V8 STS has more stuffs compare to its V6 models (I just found out recently.) And the exterior of STS on 08 or newer looks better from my point of view.

I know a CPO Cadillac is a better option, however, there aren't too many left for me... Also thanks for your suggestion on warranty and etc.