: past sts-v owner's opinion

BMBSALES
09-29-10, 02:14 PM
been thinking of upgrading from my 06 sts-v, and was wondering if any of you came from the sts-v, and what your thoughts were in comparison.

i have a vette, so i'm not so much interested in speed diff, but rather losing some ride comforts, heads up, or other bells and whistles.

already drove two...one with recaros, and one w/o, and there really is no comparison there. it's like night and day (a $3500 night that is).

any thoughts would help.

baabootoo
09-29-10, 02:28 PM
I drove them back-to-back, since the dealer had a still new STS-V, but it wasn't even close for me. The driveability (low speed throttle input) was night and day. The CTS-V would chug along at 1000, smooth as heck. The STS was flat, and you had to give it more throttle to keep up. Since I track my CTS-V, me and all others said to get the Recaros, so that was a must have for me. I also saw a test where the STS fell flat after 120, compared to an AMG. Since I do this sport, again, I wanted the extra power. Lastly, theirs was black, and I don't get black cars any more. Decision made for me!

wait4me
09-29-10, 02:33 PM
I like them both. But i think i like the stsv better for all its cooler gadgets. Heads up display, more comfortible interior, cruise control adaptive stuff, auto high beams, lane detection ect.... Much more value....

BMBSALES
09-29-10, 02:48 PM
I like them both. But i think i like the stsv better for all its cooler gadgets. Heads up display, more comfortible interior, cruise control adaptive stuff, auto high beams, lane detection ect.... Much more value....

This is EXACTLY how i'm afraid i will feel since i commute 1.5hrs per day with my sts-v.

gnxs
09-29-10, 03:20 PM
I traded in an STS-V on my CTS-V. There are certain aspects of that car I liked better, like Jesse mentioned, gadgets and little options like the heated steering wheel (I really miss it in the dead of Winter). From a driving perspective though (power, handling, moddability, etc.), the CTS-V is such a vastly superior car that I have absolutely ZERO regrets.

BMBSALES
09-29-10, 04:11 PM
yeah i'm a fan of that steering wheel too, but how often do i use it in nc i guess...

i hate that i'm giving up 23mpg highway and i really wanted to stay with sts headsup, but...ventilated recaros are going to be a whole lot nicer than my v seats now, and of course all that power and handling...

snzuloz
09-29-10, 05:06 PM
yeah i'm a fan of that steering wheel too, but how often do i use it in nc i guess...

i hate that i'm giving up 23mpg highway and i really wanted to stay with sts headsup, but...ventilated recaros are going to be a whole lot nicer than my v seats now, and of course all that power and handling...

One positive to this decision, If you go with the V you will get to know the gas station attendants better :yup:

BMBSALES
09-29-10, 05:45 PM
one positive to this decision, if you go with the v you will get to know the gas station attendants better :yup:

sold!

Tags63
09-29-10, 10:00 PM
Hey!!!
I went from my STS-V to my new '10 CTS-V. Both cars are great but different. I don't miss the STS at all but it is more of a luxury car. You can fit full size adults without a problem and definitely a problem in the CTS. If you want a tighter car and more power then the CTS is for you. Or if you like the comfy ride of the STS spend 5k to give it 570hp. Good luck on your choice though.

Paul

BMBSALES
10-02-10, 09:37 PM
NOW I HAVE BOTH...so i can compare myself! thanks guys for your help.

bmb

neuronbob
10-03-10, 12:42 AM
Congrats!