: Cadillac DTS hire car

Mazuk
09-28-10, 05:37 PM
I hope to hire a Floridian DTS hire car.My U.K. car is a BLS with 400 NM of torque and 40MPG!Do you have any tips regarding hand brake,keyless entry,fuel filler ,tank distance etc.?I appreciate the steering wheel might be on the wrong side!

HartfordGuy
09-28-10, 05:46 PM
Greetings Mazuk!

All the DTS are automatic shift so you should have no trouble driving here in the States with a left hand drive car. The fuel filler is on the left side of the car and you give the fuel door a gentle push to release it. No interior lever to release it.

Driving a DTS the States should seem pretty easy to you. Our roads are typically wider than what you have in the UK. The Florida highways can be quite aggressive at times, especially near Orlando around the commuter hours.

I think you will be very surprised at the comfort of a DTS in comparison to the BLS. Be warned that if the rental service offers you a Lincoln Towncar be prepared for an experience similar to driving a double deck bus around London.

Mazuk
09-28-10, 05:57 PM
Thanks HartfordGuy.My BLS is a 6 speed auto so no problems there.Your comment re the fuel filler is appreciated as there are so many options. What sort of handbrake does a 2009/10 DTS have?

HartfordGuy
09-28-10, 06:22 PM
The DTS uses a foot operated push-to-set parking brake. You push it again to release it. Most drivers here in the States do not use it unless they have to leave the car on a hill.

oh, and you will be able to set the speedometer to KM too, so no worries there.

Mazuk
09-28-10, 06:59 PM
Sounds like I am going to enjoy this.I have Garmin European/U.S.A. sat nav so I should be able to get to Walmart from Disneyworld.I have visited Disney many times but not with car hire.No need for km,miles will do.

Another of my Cadillacs.Only 1/43 though.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo337/EDLOCK/001-9.jpg