: 2006 STS I cant get my DVD player to work...

DauroT
09-28-10, 03:42 PM
Please help...I dont have any instructions or directions and I cant even get it to play with the car in park and yes I will eventually be purchasing a LockPic for it but Im disappointed I have to a manual switch attached because its an 06..

Please help..

Thanks

EChas3
09-28-10, 10:31 PM
It won't play Blueray or HD DVD. Are you trying a standard DVD? Do CD's play OK?

ddgm
09-29-10, 09:30 AM
Which slot are you putting the DVD in? Are you talking " Movie DVD" ?

Doug

DauroT
09-29-10, 03:57 PM
It won't play Blueray or HD DVD. Are you trying a standard DVD? Do CD's play OK?

Its just a standard DVD. I dont know what i'm doing wrong..it wont play I dont know what buttons Im not hitting...

AllWheelEric
09-29-10, 09:41 PM
If you can make an audio CD play, then you know how to make a video DVD play. Put it in the same (lower) slot, select the disc player as the source, and select the appropriate disc from the 1-6 selections at the bottom of the screen. That's all. Do this while parked (car must be in Park) so you can see the screen. If your disc has a title menu like most studio releases, the title menu should come up. If the disc is authored to auto-play, then it should just start. There will be buttons on the screen, overlaying the video. To make the buttons disappear, touch a spot on the screen that has no button. As soon as you take the car out of Park, the screen goes blank, but audio still plays.

DauroT
10-05-10, 02:02 PM
if you can make an audio cd play, then you know how to make a video dvd play. Put it in the same (lower) slot, select the disc player as the source, and select the appropriate disc from the 1-6 selections at the bottom of the screen. That's all. Do this while parked (car must be in park) so you can see the screen. If your disc has a title menu like most studio releases, the title menu should come up. If the disc is authored to auto-play, then it should just start. There will be buttons on the screen, overlaying the video. To make the buttons disappear, touch a spot on the screen that has no button. As soon as you take the car out of park, the screen goes blank, but audio still plays.

thank you....brother