: I think Car/Driver has that wrong...

notld67
09-27-10, 09:28 PM
I was reading car/driver today and they had a 2011 CTS coupe with a 3.6 and there test specs showed it ran a 15.0 1/4 mile, I highly doubt that's accurate.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/10q3/2011_cadillac_cts_coupe-short_take_road_test

gary88
09-28-10, 01:36 PM
3900lb car + 300hp/273tq = not terribly fast :noidea:

orconn
09-28-10, 02:12 PM
"Choicest Cadillac coupe since the mid-fifties Eldorado" now that is either a typo or Mr Toni Swan should pull his head out of his ass! Car and Driver has been known to value sophmoric humor over accuracy and substance for years. As far as the looks of the CTS coupe go, looks like Cadilac's interpretation of the Mercedes 240K Sport Coupe of a few years back!

Jesda
09-28-10, 04:30 PM
So its as fat and pudgy as it looks. I think I'd rather have the melted chocolate G35 or a 3-series.

V-Eight
09-28-10, 06:54 PM
I'd rather have it in the V flavour....

eyekandyboats.inc
09-29-10, 12:29 AM
my old man cadillac DTS is that "slow" HA!

C&C
09-29-10, 06:02 AM
Motortrend got 14.6 (when the comparo'd with the Infinity G-37). Ever since C&D changed staff (a year or so ago) I just don't know about them guys anymore (used to be my favorite magazine) now, not so much.

ben.gators
09-29-10, 05:00 PM
No matter the car is fast or slow, that is an ugly car....

Destroyer
09-29-10, 11:00 PM
No matter the car is fast or slow, that is an ugly car....Cadillac does not build Cadillac's anymore. Just BMW wannabe's. :mad::thehand:

orconn
09-29-10, 11:16 PM
Cadillac does not build Cadillac's anymore. Just BMW wannabe's. :mad::thehand:

Unfortunately, I believe you are right!

Koooop
09-30-10, 12:32 AM
"Choicest Cadillac coupe since the mid-fifties Eldorado" now that is either a typo or Mr Toni Swan should pull his head out of his ass! Car and Driver has been known to value sophmoric humor over accuracy and substance for years. As far as the looks of the CTS coupe go, looks like Cadilac's interpretation of the Mercedes 240K Sport Coupe of a few years back!

I don't think Ray Charles could have confused this car for a MBZ 240.

Go back in Cadillac history and look at the wild cars they used to make, before they went to sleep over the past few decades. Thankfully they have been waking up with a couple of edgy, risky designs.

I think that car is outrageous, but needs an LS3 as an option between the V6 and the LSA.

concorso
10-02-10, 02:46 PM
Cadillac does not build Cadillac's anymore. Just BMW wannabe's. :mad::thehand:Elaborate please. What is the stereotypical Cadillac?

I thought Cadillac was known for style and a smooth ride. You dont get much smoother and luxurious then the DTS with Magnaride and full aniline leather on those big comfy seats. The CTS is as stylish as any other sedan in its category. The Coupe will draw even more attention then the sedan does...how is that not the Cadillacs of old?

concorso
10-02-10, 02:54 PM
I don't think Ray Charles could have confused this car for a MBZ 240.

Go back in Cadillac history and look at the wild cars they used to make, before they went to sleep over the past few decades. Thankfully they have been waking up with a couple of edgy, risky designs.

I think that car is outrageous, but needs an LS3 as an option between the V6 and the LSA.I agree. While this design might be polarizing, its getting people talking. The design makes you feel something, its exciting even if you dont like it.

I still think Cadillac is screwing up by not offering the LS3 or adjustable suspension in the CTS.

I also find Cadillacs new ad campaign is insulting. The new standard of the world? Really? Are they claiming that, not only are they making better definitively better vehicles then BMW or MB or Audi or Lexus, they are also making better vehicles then the Rolls and Bentleys of the world. Really Cadillac?
Cadillac's reputation right now is 'affordable luxury'. You get more car for you money. Lets look at the CTS. It doesnt offer the best engine choices in its class. Other then the LSA, the engine choices are weak comparatively. The materials are not up to the best offered in its class. The technology offered isnt the best in class. It is no more reliable then its competitors. The same can be said about every model in Cadillacs lineup. Where exactly is Cadillac the new standard of the world, besides mid-sized superformance sedans?

orconn
10-02-10, 04:44 PM
It has been a long time since Cadillacs were the "Standard of the World." Many would argue that that position went by the wayside in the the nineteen fifties (Cadillacs were known for poor assembly even then!). Even at the high point of Cadillac quality, in the 1930's, Cadillac was never the clear winner in the contest for that title ...... Duesenberg, Rolls-Royce, Daimler (GB), Mercedes, Isotta-Fraschini, and Hispano-Suiza all were valid contenders for the highest qaulity cars being made.

Actually the phrase "Standard of the World" came not from Cadillac's level of technology or quality but from the award the company won for the first use of high precision parts which were interchangeable from car to car at an interantional contest in London in the early 20th century.

But whether we like it or not, Cadillac is the U.S. only contender in the "executive class" auto market (erroneaously called the "Luxury Class" in the U.S.). It is unlikely that GM or Cadillac, in particular, will ever produce "luxury" automobiles again. The good news is that, across the board, the build quality and accessory range have so improved that "executive" level will more than fiulfill our automotive needs!

Koooop
10-02-10, 10:58 PM
The CTS-V has been a good offering to the world. Certainly not the top end of that market but very competitive, loaded with goodies. The first CTS was polarizing, edgy and really took the market by storm. A real home run for Cadillac. Me thinks the XLR would have beena real homer if they had stayed with an LS motor. I'm not buying an American V8 with DOHC anytime soon.

The new CTS rocks! You are so right, they MUsT put an LS3 in that car or I'm not going to buy one (drool, drool on the wagon). The LSA is incredible but I want a pushrod, normally asperated V8, you know, just like what I was raised on.

Cadillac is torn right now, some of the Brass is too proud of the N*. The N* with FWD or AWD is not the formula, BMW, Audi, MBZ have proved it over and over and over. Personally I don't see myself buying one. They need to at least give it a bunch of low end TQ, RWD would be nice and I'll consider it.
Good gawd, when you hit the gas in an XLR and you're wondering if you can get out of the hole before the Pool Guy in his pick up you just gotta wonder WTF they're thinking. Sort of like when the guys at Cadillac stated "We own vertical tail lights". WTF?

billc83
10-02-10, 11:25 PM
#1: There is no such thing as bad press...

I like the CTS Coupe, but it IS a very polarizing design. That's not necessarily a bad thing, however. Love it/leave it designs could equate to more paying customers because of a built in crowd of customers with a "gotta have it!" mentality. Since, before the CTS Coupe, Cadillac had a 0% market share in the luxury coupe segment, they might as well go for a polarizing design and work on winning over potential customers who love the design.