: 2011 CTS-V Coupe owners: How do you control rear view mirror Auto Dim?

Vcoupe11
09-27-10, 01:39 PM
I have not mastered this feature :(

Can one of you owners help?

Thanks,
Gary

wfo
09-27-10, 02:28 PM
Isn't what you were lookiing for, but,....waiting for a Forum respnse could take a day or so... when a quick quick call to your service advisor can get you back up and running.

Vcoupe11
09-27-10, 02:40 PM
wfo,
Thanks for the answer. I guess my automatic Dealer Block was in play and I did not even consider that.
May give them a call. Who knows new dealer maybe I will be pleasantly suprised with the directions :)

Gary

tedcmiller
09-27-10, 03:07 PM
You can't contol the dimming time for the rear view mirror. You might be able to control whether it ever dims, but I haven't looked into this since I let it dim and that appears to be the default.

Vcoupe11
09-27-10, 03:20 PM
You can't contol the dimming time for the rear view mirror. You might be able to control whether it ever dims, but I haven't looked into this since I let it dim and that appears to be the default.
tedcmiller,
Thanks. I should have been more specific, I would like to know how to turn it off/on.

Gary

4DR_ZR1
09-27-10, 04:03 PM
You are correct, only On & Off.

Assuming the mirror is the same as all other model Cadillacs, there is a button at the bottom of the left side of the mirror with a symbol of a circle with a vertical line through it. Press it and the green led light will go off, turning off the Auto dimming.
By default the Auto dimming will activate every time you turn the ignition on.

You Owners Manual should explain this under 'Features and Controls - Mirrors - Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirrors'

Vcoupe11
09-27-10, 04:17 PM

Assuming the mirror is the same as all other model Cadillacs, there is a button at the bottom of the left side of the mirror with a symbol of a circle with a vertical line through it. Press it and the green led light will go off, turning off the Auto dimming.

You Owners Manual should explain this under 'Features and Controls - Mirrors - Automatic Dimming Rear View Mirrors'
4DR_ZR1,
Mirror is different from what the manual says. The manual talks about the mirror you describe. I am familiar with that mirror from the Z06 I traded in. The Coupe does not have that button.

Thanks,
Gary

aj660
09-27-10, 06:59 PM

My Coupe doesn't have a button... I can see fine at night (35% tints) so no worries...

baabootoo
09-28-10, 01:51 PM
My 2009 sedan DOES have the on/off button on the mirror. Hmmmmm, I sense a new thread coming...... :)

Tom_E
09-28-10, 05:31 PM
Looks like our coupes don't have a way to control the dimming. I just checked mine plus the owners manual and nada.