: Changed plugs, n all sc****d up now

ALQ
09-26-10, 05:18 PM
Changed my sparkplugs and now my V2 is gone bad..

Had a set of NGK V-Power TR6 plugs on the car, running 9.55 inch Lower pulley, W4M parts came as a kit..

just swapped them with NGK Iridium TR6, my car is all jiddery, and quite a rough idle, and after a while it tells me to service traction control, and throws a CEL P0103 code.. all at Idle! :mad: i havent even driven the car after swapping the plugs, checked all wiring, all is hooked up right..

any help?

cbloveday
09-26-10, 06:03 PM
Did you check the gaps?

wait4me
09-26-10, 06:05 PM
Did you plug the mass air meter back in? It sounds like you forgot to plug in the harness.

Tom_E
09-26-10, 06:26 PM
I have a friend with a V who changed plugs and it blew out all the ignition coils. He put the original plugs back in and had the car flat bedded to the dealer who ended up putting in all new coils. I don't know what kind of plugs, but same scenario as you, changed plugs and car instantly ran like crap and threw codes. Hope that isn't your issue.

Razorecko
09-26-10, 07:20 PM
Hey Jesse, didnt you say you could run better on the coppers ? Wouldn't him switching over to iridiums be the problem if his tune is setup for the regular TR6's ?

PSRmark
09-26-10, 07:42 PM
Did you plug the mass air meter back in? It sounds like you forgot to plug in the harness.

X's 2

PhxTriode
09-26-10, 11:03 PM
X's 2

sounds familiar eh Mark?

ALQ check ALL your weather packs for the entire harness including injectors. They are fragile

baabootoo
09-27-10, 12:59 AM
Did I miss why you changed them?

ALQ
09-27-10, 02:46 AM
I didnt changed the plugs on my own, took it to a garage, who know build race cars (touring car championship) .. harness plugged in, checked all the connections twice, checked the MAF sensor.. im just confused...

Gapping is correct..

babootoo, when youve run 25,000 km on same plugs.. my foot is always pegged to the floor :P .. on every major service i change my SP's ..

Tom_E , you cant be pumping 13-14 psi of boost with stock spark plugs.. n if your friend has a stock V2, why in hell would he change the spark plugs to aftermarket ones, im sure he might have used the wrong spec

W4M, i am not blaming you for anything, just to let everyone on the forum know.. im very happy with your parts..

Just found the problem, two of the "New" spark plugs had cracked tips.. going to replace them

cbloveday
09-27-10, 07:15 AM
I wonder if it was because they were wrenched too tightly.

http://www.ngk.com.au/sparkplug_tech.php#

wait4me
09-27-10, 08:30 AM
Glad you got it figured out. Usually with that code and error, it is from the mass air meter unplugged.

I bet it runs alot better with the 2 plugs fixed. :)

hulksdaddy
09-27-10, 08:56 AM
Let us know if it's all fixed.:thumbsup:

Tom_E
09-27-10, 11:33 AM
Tom_E , you cant be pumping 13-14 psi of boost with stock spark plugs.. n if your friend has a stock V2, why in hell would he change the spark plugs to aftermarket ones, im sure he might have used the wrong spec

Glad to hear it's all better! I have no idea why my friend changed plugs, I'm sure some "expert" suggested it. His car is stock so don't think it's pumping 13-15 lbs of boost. I'm gonna ask him later this week why he thought it wise to change plugs.