: Unusual color

johnny kannapo
09-26-10, 04:06 PM
I haven't seen this color yet on a eldo & reaching for the stars with the price.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=274117821&dealer_id=64979371&car_year=2000&rdm=1285527341728&lastStartYear=1981&model=ELDO&num_records=25&systime=&make3=CAD&make2=CAD&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=10&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=500&marketZipError=false&model3=&model2=SEV&search_lang=en&sownerid=70539&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=0&body_style=COUPE&body_style=SEDAN&drive=&default_sort=&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=2&sort_type=priceDESC&address=55420&advanced=&end_year=2002&doors=&transmission=&max_price=100000&cardist=219&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

creeker
09-26-10, 04:32 PM
I think I seen this car for sale about a year ago, I researched the color as I wanted to paint my 92 eldo. the same, I think it's called either aztec red or inferno red, it is a cadillac color.

johnny kannapo
09-26-10, 05:18 PM
Red? huh.
Taxi!

creeker
09-26-10, 05:42 PM
Red? huh.
Taxi!

I see what you mean, on second look it doesn't look so red now.

Sevillian273
09-26-10, 08:49 PM
This one's been around the lounge before... Call me a ricer but I think it looks pretty good. I like a car that is one of a kind no matter what make/model. Price is outrageous though.

ga_etc
09-26-10, 09:08 PM
I think that it's a good looking car myself. I really like the black and yellow interior. I ran the VIN on it. It started life as black with black leather before the customization. And I agree, the asking price is absurd.

Playdrv4me
09-27-10, 12:06 AM
I think that it's a good looking car myself. I really like the black and yellow interior. I ran the VIN on it. It started life as black with black leather before the customization. And I agree, the asking price is absurd.

I don't care WHO did the conversion, if it STARTED out as another color then not only has the factory color been CHANGED (value ding number 1), but the paint is not original (value ding number 2). So not only is it piss yellow, but its not even original. This guy is nuts.

On a basis of mileage alone, its a 10-12000.00 car. If all of the GM bs can be proven, maybe 14-17.

Sandy
09-27-10, 10:22 AM
Rip-off

It's a black car with black interior, that got aftermarket customazation. FAIL

IF IF IF It came OFF the Caddy assembly line, as you SEE IT HERE....THEN we have something special !!!!! Otherwise, it's just a repaint. I smell the coffee.

johnny kannapo
09-27-10, 01:38 PM
I think that it's a good looking car myself. I really like the black and yellow interior. I ran the VIN on it. It started life as black with black leather before the customization. And I agree, the asking price is absurd. With this revelation of not being factory paint, I guess the only reason this car has so few miles is the owners have been too embarrassed to drive it.

orconn
09-27-10, 01:41 PM
^^^ Ah, Kannapo gets to the root of the problem!

iowasevillests
09-27-10, 02:16 PM
To me with the bright yellow paint looks too much like a Monte Carlo and not enough like a Eldo....but thats me

Sevillian273
09-27-10, 08:02 PM
It's tacky enough to suit my taste. I'd rock that sh!t. The car has been such a repost for so long because the price is so outrageous...

Sandy
09-28-10, 09:35 PM
If you were close to the car and removed the sill plate, that you step over when getting in,and peeled back some of the carpet and the metal floor was yellow and you took out the trunk floor carpet and looked inside the spare tire well and it was yellow and took out the trunk carpet and the metal floor was yellow and the entire firewall was yellow.......then it's special. Otherwise...you have a repainted car and it's not worth even used car wholesalprice. also the underhood painted inner fenders should be yellow. Also check underhood the color code on the build label A special color will usually be stamped OOO