: Email Cadillac to keep our favorite features.

HartfordGuy
09-25-10, 10:30 PM
Many of us have lamented the decontenting of some of our features. Automatic parking brake release, power trunk closer, etc.

So I was thinking that maybe they aren't talking to the right people about what we want. If nobody complains, they don't know that we miss the feature right?

So tonight I went to Cadillac.com and sent them an email. I wrote that I missed some of the lost features and also that there are a few on my DTS still that I love and never want to lose them.

Such as: Cornering lamps. Cadillac pioneered them in 1962 and made them standard equipment ever since. Only a few Cadillacs were ever made without them. They are so practical and look good too. I love how they cast light when I signal to turn into my dark driveway.

Signal mirrors. I really like those red LED arrows in my side mirrors. Such a great idea to warn others next to you that you are moving over. Many of my passengers have complimented them when they see them.

So I think everyone should take a few minutes and go to Cadillac.com and let the people in marketing know what features you miss and what features you can't live without. Maybe we can have an impact on what goes into the next XTS?

Dave

RippyPartsDept
09-25-10, 10:58 PM
hopefully it's not too late, the feature freeze may have already happened

HartfordGuy
09-27-10, 08:33 PM
I rec'd a phone call and an email from Cadillac about my email today.

A nice girl thanked me for my input and explained that options or standard feaures are added or dropped based on customer demand. She said input like mine was very important as they need to know what we like and dislike. She added that if I know of any other Cadillac owners with input to have them contact Cadillac and that all feedback would be forwarded to the marketing department.

So there you go guys. The ball is in your court. Please take a few minutes to go to Cadillac.com and send an email to let them know what features you miss or really like.

Dave

RippyPartsDept
09-27-10, 08:53 PM
sucks being in the minority doesn't it? that's democracy for ya, i guess

HartfordGuy
09-27-10, 09:07 PM
Minority? I own a DTS, this is the DTS forum...

RippyPartsDept
09-28-10, 12:00 AM
minority in regards to these options that gm has removed.
you like them, most others didn't (or didn't as much) - so gm got rid of them
at least that is what their response sounds like

i'm with you though, it's like voting - if you don't tell them what you like and don't like how are they supposed to know?

maeng9981
09-28-10, 12:10 AM
I've always loved the cornering lamps. Not a lot of cars have this feature, even if they had, it was not as good as the one in Cadillacs.
Also the automatic trunk pull-down, my 99 Deville has it but my 00 SLS does not. The very first thing I noticed from my SLS was that the pull-down is not present.
I've never seen any other cars that moves your side mirrors down while backing so you can see the curbs better.
Brighness adjustable interior mirror lights.
Rainsense!!
Integrated Diagnostic Trouble Code Check function

Well some of them still exists, but guess what I am going to do tonight. I do not want to lose these features.

RippyPartsDept
09-28-10, 12:26 AM
the tilting mirrors in reverse is something lots of cars have (luxury ones at least)
it's definitely an option on lots of saabs

the in-dash code-puller is definitely a thing of the past (no matter what the public outcry - and that's too bad, just glad i got me a 99 too!)

mike5514
09-28-10, 11:16 AM
I did not know the onboard code reader was missing from my06dts. I have a hand held reader but I do not know where to hook it up! I would like that feature. Trunk pull down I did not like, had to deactivate it on my 97sls. Remote start is a must keep, Would like to have the manual brake release. Dont miss the hood ornament, would like a flip and fold rear seat but comfort in the back may suffer. Aside from the above my base 06 is perfect for me would not change any thing else. Mike

Lord Cadillac
09-28-10, 01:11 PM
Just out of curiosity... What didn't you like about the automatic trunk pull down?

I did not know the onboard code reader was missing from my06dts. I have a hand held reader but I do not know where to hook it up! I would like that feature. Trunk pull down I did not like, had to deactivate it on my 97sls. Remote start is a must keep, Would like to have the manual brake release. Dont miss the hood ornament, would like a flip and fold rear seat but comfort in the back may suffer. Aside from the above my base 06 is perfect for me would not change any thing else. Mike

HartfordGuy
09-28-10, 02:24 PM
A fold down rear seat would be nice. The little trap door to put skis thru didn't help when I bought my 42 inch flat screen TV. I was just barely able to get it in the back seat and close the doors.

RippyPartsDept
09-28-10, 06:39 PM
mike5514, try looking under the steering column area... should be along the underside of the dash there somewhere (OBD II standards) -- although your code reader might not be advanced enough for the newer GMLANbus or whatever it's called

mike5514
09-29-10, 12:30 PM
Did not like the pull down feature because around a 100000 mi it would hang up and not draw the trunk all the way down, usually it would finish draw down as I drove, finally it quit working and I disconnected the wires and put it in a fixed position. It was no problem to close the trunk by hand and I know its solid. Connected the obd2 to the 06dts and i got a fail reading apparently its not compatible with the cadillac system. Rippy I found the connector left of the steering column easy to find. Thanks! Going to go online and try to find what kind of obd2 will work Mike P.S. I also miss the locking gas door.

RippyPartsDept
09-29-10, 06:31 PM
GMLAN or CANBus is i think what they call the new system... the company selling the scan tool should have a list of cars it works on... and you'll notice that they're all above a certain year... some models will go back further (they got the new system first)