: Volant Q - How get MAFS Connector Off?

c5 rv
09-13-04, 06:14 PM
OK, installing the Volant. How do I get the mass airflow connector off without busting it? Thanks!

odysseus
09-13-04, 09:18 PM
As I recall when I did my TonyA mods, you hold the base of the connector with your thumb and forefinger and slide it inboard (toward the center of the car, away from the fender) about a quarter of an inch. Then you can lift the connector straight up.

c5 rv
09-14-04, 06:22 PM
Nope, that technique didn't work. BTW, this is an '04 with the 3.6 engine. Here are the front and rear views of the offending plug.

c5 rv
09-15-04, 07:25 AM
The member known as ZildjianB on another forum was kind enough to outline the correct tab to pry up in yellow. After that, installation was only about and hour. BTW there were a lot of little leaves in the the old air filter - sucked out of the fender well. When I bought the car last fall, there were lots of these same little leaves all over the car and in every crevice.

RobertCTS
09-15-04, 10:40 AM
The member known as ZildjianB on another forum was kind enough to outline the correct tab to pry up in yellow. After that, installation was only about and hour. BTW there were a lot of little leaves in the the old air filter - sucked out of the fender well. When I bought the car last fall, there were lots of these same little leaves all over the car and in every crevice.

C5,
Leaves in your filter box!? I've had mine apart several times..no leaves.
You're mulching yard leaves with the CTS aren't you :sneaky:

c5 rv
09-15-04, 08:24 PM
C5,
Leaves in your filter box!? I've had mine apart several times..no leaves.
You're mulching yard leaves with the CTS aren't you :sneaky:

You caught me! Since I use my leaf blower to dry my cars, I have to use something for the leaves. I just attach a hose to the intake port on the airbox and vacuum up the leaves. I hollowed out the air baffle part of the airbox for added leaf capacity. :lildevil:

RobertCTS
09-15-04, 08:44 PM
I knew it, I knew it! A John Deere CTS. It had to happen :D

c5 rv
09-16-04, 08:03 AM
I knew it, I knew it! A John Deere CTS. It had to happen :D

Hmm, if I can find ways to attach the mower deck, snow blower, front blade, and tiller to the CTS, I could free up the room in the garage that my JD 318 consumes. I shoulda bought a green '03, eh?

10secvette
11-23-05, 07:40 PM
carefull