: iPod hook up for 05 STS

xdeville7x
09-25-10, 12:56 AM
i have an 05 STS with the stock radio and the bose speaker option. im trying to find a way to hook up my ipod touch up to the radio. i think that i can go through the pre existing xm port but i cant find a system that will work for my car. if anyone has done this and can help out i'll take any help i can get. thanks!

parker34
09-25-10, 03:09 PM
I'm assuming the non nav version does not have the av inputs inside the middle console?

xdeville7x
09-26-10, 01:52 PM
No, there are no hookups in the center console

DauroT
09-28-10, 02:33 PM
I'm assuming the non nav version does not have the av inputs inside the middle console?

I have an 06 STS with DVD/NAV with the inputs in the middle console how can i hook up my IPOD...thanks in advance

parker34
09-28-10, 08:15 PM
Just buy a cable that goes from the headphone jack in your iPod to the red and white av cables and plug it in...then press AUX and click video in/out (i think) on the screen and you should be good to go!!

JDUBBY
09-28-10, 08:47 PM
I have an 07 with the same options. The dealer was clueless...went to a local car stereo company....purchased a module for approx $200...they installed to the back of radio...presto...ipod works

DauroT
09-29-10, 02:59 PM
Just buy a cable that goes from the headphone jack in your iPod to the red and white av cables and plug it in...then press AUX and click video in/out (i think) on the screen and you should be good to go!!

No shit..I'll try it..Thanks

DauroT
09-29-10, 03:02 PM
I have an 07 with the same options. The dealer was clueless...went to a local car stereo company....purchased a module for approx $200...they installed to the back of radio...presto...ipod works

What do you mean to the back of your radio..its an add on..please give me the Model name and number of your stereo that plays your ipod..

thanks

roblinds
12-12-10, 08:44 AM
I have an 07 with no nav no inputs in the center console.... JDUBBY said......purchased a module for approx $200...they installed to the back of radio...presto...ipod works

What do you mean to the back of your radio? is that wasy to get to??/ ..if its an add on..please give me the Model name and number this module that adds your ipod to the non nav stero in a STS -- Please thank you....

Frikiton
12-16-10, 10:16 AM
If i'm not mistaken what he means by module is a cable that goes to the back of the radio (recommended to be done by stereo car installation pros). That black cable will connect to your ipod as if you were connecting it to your computer and you will be able to play/pause skip/next etc songs via the radio instead of the AUX (ghetto) way that you have to do everything on the ipod instead.