: V Blast Plates

1HOT CTS-V
09-24-10, 08:34 PM
I was so sure I was getting a new V that I got the personalized plates way before the car. Well, I just ordered a different car so I have the plates and I will never get the V after all. If anyone is interested please send me a PM, I'd like to get my cost of $50 for them. The California plate reads:

V BLAST as in V explosion, what a blast to drive, etc. My thoughts when I ordered it. :D

I have them on my little pick up truck now and I don't know (yet) what the process is for transfer. If no one is interested I'll just leave them on my truck.

Thank you all for all the information and the help received from forum members. I enjoyed very much being part of this forum and sharing the enthusiasm for the V.

e6t
09-24-10, 09:23 PM
what made you change your mind?

1HOT CTS-V
09-24-10, 10:52 PM
what made you change your mind?

I just drove a car that I like more. I got that feeling . . This is it! This is the car for me. I was going to purchase the V after driving several cars and not liking anything more than it. I drove an Audi S4, last years BMW M5 with the V10, an M3 convertible with the V8, I even drove an Aston Martin Vantage and I still liked the V better. I wanted something with 4 doors, very powerful and with a 6 speed manual transmission. The Vantage was a two seater Volante (convertible) but I thought . . oh well.

I ordered a new 2011 BMW 550i with a 6 speed manual. It's scheduled to be built at the end of October (week 43) for delivery sometime in November.:bouncy:

e6t
09-25-10, 12:15 AM
I just drove a car that I like more. I got that feeling . . This is it! This is the car for me. I was going to purchase the V after driving several cars and not liking anything more than it. I drove an Audi S4, last years BMW M5 with the V10, an M3 convertible with the V8, I even drove an Aston Martin Vantage and I still liked the V better. I wanted something with 4 doors, very powerful and with a 6 speed manual transmission. The Vantage was a two seater Volante (convertible) but I thought . . oh well.

I ordered a new 2011 BMW 550i with a 6 speed manual. It's scheduled to be built at the end of October (week 43) for delivery sometime in November.:bouncy:

interesting...

i am number one on the order list in my state for the 2012 f10 M5 and i still bought the V... im confident that the v will still be faster and 40,000 cheaper.

Domsz06
09-25-10, 09:29 AM
interesting...

i am number one on the order list in my state for the 2012 f10 M5 and i still bought the V... im confident that the v will still be faster and 40,000 cheaper.

^^^^ ++++++11111 what he said. but each to their own.

1HOT CTS-V
09-25-10, 01:33 PM
interesting...

Well . . in my case it was not about being faster or cheaper. It was not about ultimate performance or money, it was about the whole package that pleases me the most. What I thought was terrific about the V that I couldn't find on any other comparable car was the massive torque it has and the feel I get from that. Both the M5 of today and the M3 don't have any torque at low rpm. This new 550 has great torque that is almost comparable to the V - 450 ft/lb at 1750 rpm - very satisfying to me. The M5 shifter felt like my truck's shifter to me - long throws, very imprecise. This new 550 has a shifter feel that rivals my NSX, just great! The Vs shifter is also much better than the M5, M3, S4 and Aston Martin Vantage . . IMO of course.

Like I said, the V was definitely going to be my car until I drove this new 550. I'm spending much more money and perhaps it is not good value on a HP per dollar ratio, but that is OK too.:cloud9:

Finally, I did not mean for my thread to become a comparison of which car is better. Each of us has a reason why we like this over that. I just thought I would offer my plates in case someone thinks they are worth having them on their V, that's all.

Johnsteph10
09-25-10, 03:46 PM
It's funny how tastes are so different -- I test drove an '11 750i fully loaded and it didn't even come close in my book to the CTS-V. :)

Congratulations on making a difficult decision! Remember, it isn't what everyone else likes the best -- it is what you like the best.

wfo
09-25-10, 07:16 PM
Congrats on making your choice. Great looking cars the BMW's ...The V smokes the M3, M5, M6, V8's or V10's...it doesn't matter, all of them.

Junior1
09-29-10, 03:46 PM
This new 550 has a shifter feel that rivals my NSX, just great!

There's a throw back, I remember my NSX...I was paying $888 a month for the car and $1,400 a month for the insurance...LOL