: Dealership paint chip on the door

Cowboypilot
09-24-10, 12:28 AM
OK Listen to this one. Two days ago i took my 05 STS V-6 to the dealer for warranty work (seat track, inside door handle, start button, and AC fart noise) and to get the tranny serviced ($129). While waiting in line to drop it off, I decided to do a walkaround with my iPhone and video the exterior. Im so glad I did. When I went to pick it up, I found 4 deep chips in the paint on the right front door. I knew they wasnt there when I dropped it off. I looked athe iPhone vid and then emailed it to my self to view on my ipad. It was clear the chips were not there before I dropped it off. Went to the service manager and email the vid to him to view on his 'big screen" and he agreed with me. They are going to stand behind it. I got it in writing before I left the parking lot. It dosent appear to look like door dings, but more of a rub or rock chips. My only theroy is their landscape threw rocks or the mechanic bumped it. THIS IS A STANDUP DEALERSHIP AND I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THEM. Now I just hope the paint matches. He said it is baked on. Does anyone have advice on things to look-out for on the repaint of the door?
PS. i had hertz accuse me of a putting a huge dent in a rental a few months ago which didnt happen during my rental. That was fresh on my mind and thus spured me to vid the car before drop off. Now that will be SOP for me.

Lifer
09-24-10, 01:20 PM
I had my 2006 STS v8 valeted for oil service and some minor warranty items to Crest Cadillac in Plano, TX. The fellow picking it up and I did a walk-around of my car and his drop-off loaner. All flawless. I had time so I drove out to pick mine up the next day. They told me they were going to courtesy wash it, so I waited. When they drove it into the service area for me to receive it i did another walk around. (I am a pilot, and I have also been screwed by rental sites, so I walk around). Uh OH - the passenger door had a major dent (not ding) in the door. :crybaby: It happened on their wash rack. I swore my car came there flawless and the pick-up guy happened to be there to agree. My service rep had a fit. I was quite and waited for the solution. The result was, with no resistance, they did the door repair (it was perfect) on their dime and I kept the loaner for another week. :bouncy:

Its tough to stay in business doing $100 oil changes and having to absorb $600 body shop repairs. That's what you get when the illegal aliens work the wash rack - no respect for other people's property.

Greg00coupe
09-25-10, 06:16 AM
If they are a stand up dealer they know the best way to repair it. Trust them and just let them fix it to your visual satisfaction.

cooncat
09-26-10, 09:43 PM
I had my back bumper soon after I bought the car. It has metallic paint. You can't tell it was ever painted. The technologies in painting have come a long way. Several years ago, I had the back bumper of my 2001 Monter Carlo repainted and again, you couldn't even tell. Don't worry about it. It should be fine.

z06bigbird
09-30-10, 03:49 PM
I had my 2006 STS v8 valeted for oil service and some minor warranty items to Crest Cadillac in Plano, TX. The fellow picking it up and I did a walk-around of my car and his drop-off loaner. All flawless. I had time so I drove out to pick mine up the next day. They told me they were going to courtesy wash it, so I waited. When they drove it into the service area for me to receive it i did another walk around. (I am a pilot, and I have also been screwed by rental sites, so I walk around). Uh OH - the passenger door had a major dent (not ding) in the door. :crybaby: It happened on their wash rack. I swore my car came there flawless and the pick-up guy happened to be there to agree. My service rep had a fit. I was quite and waited for the solution. The result was, with no resistance, they did the door repair (it was perfect) on their dime and I kept the loaner for another week. :bouncy:

Its tough to stay in business doing $100 oil changes and having to absorb $600 body shop repairs. That's what you get when the illegal aliens work the wash rack - no respect for other people's property.

Glad to hear that you are a pilot. I hope you are working towards being a professional pilot one day. I find your comment about illegal aliens offensive, and I am not sure what it has to do with CTS general discussions.

I would like to point out that I too am illegal, and I also work at car washes. I will admit that accidents do happen. I have had several accidents in the past few weeks at the car wash where I work. When I tell my supervisor what I have done, it is he who tells me to ignore the damage. Someday, when I become a supervisor in charge of the unit, I will act and talk just like you. That way everyone will live happily ever after.

Jmac572
09-30-10, 09:20 PM
Glad to hear that you are a pilot. I hope you are working towards being a professional pilot one day. I find your comment about illegal aliens offensive, and I am not sure what it has to do with CTS general discussions. I would like to point out that I too am illegal, and I also work at car washes. I will admit that accidents do happen. I have had several accidents in the past few weeks at the car wash where I work. When I tell my supervisor what I have done, it is he who tells me to ignore the damage. Someday, when I become a supervisor in charge of the unit, I will act and talk just like you. That way everyone will live happily ever after.

You're correct, it has nothing to do with CTS discussions, however, it has EVERYTHING to do with STS discussions!

God bless Arizona!!! A model state!!!

rzambrano
10-01-10, 02:46 PM
Wow, great service by that dealer.