: recaro passenger seat replacement

bmalins
09-23-10, 11:53 PM
have had a cts-v for just a week and my wife who has had some back issues cannot get comfortable in the recaro passenger seat. am thinking of replacing just the passenger side with non-recaro. anyone with any suggestions or thoughts?

e6t
09-24-10, 12:19 AM
buy a non-recaro seat or get a new wife?

buying the non-recaro seat is probably the best option.

paul34
09-24-10, 01:36 AM
Would some sort of cushion remedy the issue? Replacing just the passenger seat seems like a fairly drastic option. I'm sure you love your wife and all, but...

Domsz06
09-24-10, 07:56 AM
I would highly recomend you go rent a cts or something and drive it. I think the stock seats suck compared to the Recaro. When I sat in the regular seats I did not like them at all.

Something to think about before you go and buy a new seat.

With all the different positions and settins surely she can find a comfy setting...

BLitzkrieg
09-24-10, 08:57 AM
Trade plus cash from me. let me know. Black right?

hulksdaddy
09-24-10, 09:42 AM
What is the reason for the discomfort? Is it firmness, angle etc? As one poster said, perhaps some cushion or such might help. I'd have her sit in it while you work the controls and see if you can't hit on a comfy setting.

GMX322V S/C
09-24-10, 09:44 AM
have had a cts-v for just a week and my wife who has had some back issues cannot get comfortable in the recaro passenger seat. am thinking of replacing just the passenger side with non-recaro. anyone with any suggestions or thoughts?I definitely would advise against replacing the seat. If you've really exhausted all (14-way) adjustment options (tilt and lumbar alone comprise something like 10 of those ways), try giving James at D3 (authorized vendor here) a call. They have done custom bolstering of other Cadillac interiors, perhaps they can come up with something to your wife's liking.

khoeysr
09-24-10, 09:50 AM
I'm sure you'll miss her.:cool:

Domsz06
09-24-10, 09:53 AM
I'm sure you'll miss her.:cool:

I'm glad someone said it he he he ;)

jwa999
09-24-10, 05:04 PM
Start with letting out all the air from the back of the seat. When i first got my car, it seemed to (almost randomely) push be back out of my seat. One of the magazine writers commented on the same thing.

It took me about 3 months before i got used to the seats (and the way the car can push you around when agressively driving). Now I wouldn't change them for anything. They actually helped my posture.

ebferro
09-25-10, 08:32 AM
My wife complained about the Recaros after we first got the car. It's now got about 6k on it and she finds them wonderful. She just did about 400 miles in them yesterday with me and had no complaints and she has back issues as well. I thought they were stiff when we first got the car, too. The foam seems to get less firm after you sit in them awhile. Give it some time.