: 2006 DTS Lux 1 - New Owner; want to add XM

WolfDTS
09-23-10, 11:57 AM
Well I just bought my first Cadillac - a 2006 DTS. It has 10,200 miles on it. Darn near showroom condition and still smells like a new car. I bought it from an elderly woman whose husband was the one who drove it. He died a few months back so she decided to sell it. When I first saw it, I thought to myself "This is the car my dad always told me to buy." It was kept in their garage from day one and he wouldn't take it out in the rain! And, it still has 3 mos of bump-to-bump warr on it so I figured it was worth the $20K I paid for it.
Anyway, I'm settling in with it; learning about features (LUX I so most I don't have, but coming from driving an old SUV, this is a dream ride!) and I just activated my 3 mos trial of On-Star; got my diagnostics, etc.

One confusing issue was the radio displaying "XM Feature" but not able to get an XM radio ID. Found out it has no XM tuner in left rear trunk. Ok, so now what is the best XM tuner compatible with my factory stereo that I can put in the trunk? Does it have to be a GM part, then?

I have been reading this forum for about 2 weeks and you all have posted some great information. Psyched to be an owner!
Thanks in advance for any info on this XM "Feature".
Wolf

Mark58
09-23-10, 01:25 PM
Nothing to do with your radio, but if I were you I would get extended bumper to bumper warranty GMPP. You can go online and get a quote or see your dealer. It really looks nice. I thought I was doing good with my 2007 and 15000 miles on it.

WolfDTS
09-23-10, 02:12 PM
I have an appt with a dealership next week. I will def ask about the extended GMPP. Thanks for the suggestion!

HartfordGuy
09-23-10, 09:14 PM
Beautiful looking DTS! Congrats on your purchase.

I called XM and talked to a rep to activate my free trial period. They will talk you thru the proceedure on how to find your radio ID number. Years ago I never thought I would ever pay to listen to the radio, but once I heard it during the trial period I was hooked. I just can't go back to the poor quality commercial filled FM again. When your trial period ends, they have several different packages you can get to suit your needs.

One of my favorite channels is XM71. Nothing finer than the smooth ride of the DTS and some cool Jazz to relax to on the way home from work.

Rusty058
09-23-10, 11:46 PM
Beautiful looking DTS! Congrats on your purchase.

I called XM and talked to a rep to activate my free trial period. They will talk you thru the proceedure on how to find your radio ID number. Years ago I never thought I would ever pay to listen to the radio, but once I heard it during the trial period I was hooked. I just can't go back to the poor quality commercial filled FM again. When your trial period ends, they have several different packages you can get to suit your needs.

One of my favorite channels in XM71. Nothing finer than the smooth ride of the DTS and some cool Jazz to relax to on the way home from work.

That's exactly what I do!!!!!!!!!!!