: Video and slip of my first ever time at the track 11.03 ET

cbloveday
09-22-10, 04:11 PM
I thought you may enjoy the video GNXS (Larry) took of my 3rd and best pass
Saturday 9/18/2010 at Byron Raceway in Illinois. It was my first ever time to the track. I included my slip for those that may want additional info. I was running the C5 Z06 rims with Mickey Thompson 305/35/18. The best way to view is to RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS to your desktop or another folder of your choice. THE DA was 1409. I plan to go next month when the air is better and hopefully my technique is as well.
Enjoy!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/TrackTime.jpg

RIGHT CLICK and SAVE AS
http://home.comcast.net/~gnxs2/curtis3.wmv

whisler151
09-22-10, 04:18 PM
Nice run. Your V sounds awesome! The announcers made the video even better. lol

What model BMW was that? He had a pretty good run for not being a M3 or M5.

DiamondWhtV
09-22-10, 04:20 PM
Wow...just WOW amazing.

Now at what ET do they require a roll cage?

BadVMan
09-22-10, 04:33 PM
Nice, I will be there soon too but with a V1 6 speed. ;)

gnxs
09-22-10, 04:34 PM
Nice run. Your V sounds awesome! The announcers made the video even better. lol

What model BMW was that? He had a pretty good run for not being a M3 or M5.
It was a 330i and had a Rotrex Supercharger on it. The owner said it made 350rwhp. Neat car and a nice guy. Unfortunately he had the misfortune of lining up against Curtis.

cbloveday
09-22-10, 04:53 PM
Wow...just WOW amazing.

Now at what ET do they require a roll cage?

I believe it is 135mph, not sure on the 1/8 or 1/4 times

4gear70
09-22-10, 09:53 PM
According to the NHRA rules and depending on how much your local track enforces the rules, a roll bar is needed for 11.49 or quicker (13.49 for convertibles).
A roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.).
Technically 11.99 and quicker requires a minimum 5 point safety harness.

Most track tech inspections I've been to are ok without the roll bar at 11.49 but they are pretty firm on the roll cage.
Also, a driveshaft loop is normally required for 12.00 to 13.99 (without DOT tires) and 13.00 and slower with street tires.
I have a loop on one of my other cars as I've had tech's at my local track that wanted it with slicks regardless of e.t. According to my e.t./mph, I wanted it anyway.

cbloveday,
Congratulations on your awesome runs! Those are great times. Remember that many people race for many years and have never reached those et/mph's.
Have fun and stay safe! :thumbsup:

lavaman
09-24-10, 09:36 AM
Fantastic Curtis!! Congrats!

I wish I could have been there, but.... ah well vacation time with the wife got in the way. If you go again next month, let me know, I'd love to try to get there.

cbloveday
09-24-10, 09:40 AM
Fantastic Curtis!! Congrats!

I wish I could have been there, but.... ah well vacation time with the wife got in the way. If you go again next month, let me know, I'd love to try to get there.

Doug,

I will definately let you know when we go again. It would have been great to see you there. GNXS, Mpouls1 & I had a great time.

wait4me
09-24-10, 10:02 AM
Congrats, That car sure does sound nice out there.

cbloveday
09-24-10, 12:12 PM
Jes, that obviously is due to your setup! :) I did get quite alot of compliments on the exhaust note!

neuronbob
09-25-10, 06:09 AM
You are THE MAN, Curtis. What a run! Now I need to get my butt to the track! I wonder what ET I should expect with my mods.....

dons
09-25-10, 07:31 AM
Jes, that obviously is due to your setup! :) I did get quite alot of compliments on the exhaust note!

Curtis, what tire pressure did you run? And what is your RWHP? And last but not least what kind of exhaust system are you utilizing? Enjoyed watching the video. Congradulations. DonS

cbloveday
09-25-10, 08:36 AM
You are THE MAN, Curtis. What a run! Now I need to get my butt to the track! I wonder what ET I should expect with my mods.....

Thanks, I should do better next time. It really depends alot on the DA and your skill. GNXS, did an 11.005 with CAI, CAM, TUNE, & DRS.

Curtis, what tire pressure did you run? And what is your RWHP? And last but not least what kind of exhaust system are you utilizing? Enjoyed watching the video. Congradulations. DonS

I ran 20 PSI, 675, American racing headers, straight 3 inch W4ME pipes, OEM mufflers.