: Transmission transplant! Is it possible?!?

Cadillac_Phx
09-22-10, 12:47 PM
I am planning on purchasing an 08 DTS but I've said it before it's a shame that GM didn't put a six speed tranny in the DTS like all the other Cadillacs. Would it be possible the take a transmission from a CTS, CTS-V, STS, Maybe even a Silverado and put it in a DTS? How would it work? If anyone has the answer please just let me know...thanks.

Submariner409
09-22-10, 01:51 PM
I am planning on purchasing an 08 DTS but I've said it before it's a shame that GM didn't put a six speed tranny in the DTS like all the other Cadillacs. Would it be possible the take a transmission from a CTS, CTS-V, STS, Maybe even a Silverado and put it in a DTS? How would it work? If anyone has the answer please just let me know...thanks.

...........if the 08 DTS is FWD and the newer CTS/STS group is RWD, no way, never, nada.

Six speeds are fun, and they keep the engine farther up in the power band during maximum acceleration runs, but just what advantage would six speeds give a 2-ton 4-door luxury sedan ?? Heck - the Performance optioned DTS, at 292 HP and MRC, does a 0-60 in about 7 seconds.
Would granny even notice the difference ??

AJxtcman
09-24-10, 03:59 PM
You could put the FWD 6sp trans in the car that GM said they were going to install.