: Did I get a good deal?

CTSat22
09-22-10, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've posted something on this forum. I just purchased an 08, STS, AWD, w/3.6DI, and 1SB Package with Luxury Level 2. I paid 26,400 for it and it's Certified with 36,000 miles. I just want your input on whether or not I got a good deal. Oh it's, Black on Black w/tinted windows. Thanks!

Side note, what can I do with those out dated RCA jacks since I didn't see a USB port? Anything I can do that won't affect the warrenty and gain some HP as well. I still have my White Dimond 08 CTS, Luxury Performance, AWD in the garage. She gets returned in Feb.

Hope you have a great day!

CTSat22
09-22-10, 10:15 AM
BTW the STS has a clean carfax.

MacMuse
09-23-10, 11:23 AM
I'm a big fan of CPO on these cars. 6yr/100K coverage is a wonderful thing.

I use my iPhone through the RCA jacks. I use a cable that works off the proprietary 'iDevice' port and connects to both power and the RCA jacks (including video) with the single connection. Just hit the 'AUX' button and, if you have the Nav screen, the on-screen 'Video' button to select the RCA jack inputs. Of course, the video only works when the car is stopped. I believe Radio Shack sells a headphone jack to RCA cable that should work for audio with any device.

Enjoy the ride!

Midnight
09-23-10, 09:56 PM
I also use an iphone through the RCA jacks, but just a simple line out from the headphone jack of the phone.

I've been thinking of getting a bluetooth receiver, plugging that in, and connecting via bluetooth, less wear and tear on the phone's jack and less of a hassle (keep phone in pocket) but so far I haven't lept. But it's something you could do.

The price seems about on par, although I haven't looked in awhile :)

EChas3
09-23-10, 11:57 PM
Welcome back. Does your car have the Nav?

I've also got the black-on-black. It sure looks great when it's clean!

Have fun!

CTSat22
09-24-10, 03:16 PM
Yes, it has Nav :-)

CTSat22
09-24-10, 03:17 PM
I would like the Apple device that you speak of; should I go to the Apple store? Or would you be so kind to send me a link to what you have?

what
09-24-10, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you got a great deal! I was gonna ask if it had nav but you already answered that. Good luck i hope to purchase an sts too !!!

Greg00coupe
09-25-10, 07:21 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me..........

EChas3
09-26-10, 10:51 PM
It sounds like you're after video playback. The RCA jacks & an Apple-compliant proprietory cable is likely your best solution. I am not aware of any member using an aftermarket device to integrate an iPhone's video playback.

MacMuse
09-27-10, 04:58 PM
I would like the Apple device that you speak of; should I go to the Apple store? Or would you be so kind to send me a link to what you have?

Here's what I'm using ... http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129LL/B

Apple stores usually stock them, but please make sure you get the 'Composite' cable, and not the 'Component' cable. Look & cost similar, but only the Composite version works with this car. The component cable usually gets more prominent display at my Apple stores, so be careful. Add a generic USB car socket power plug and you're set to go. I keep all the extra cable length coiled inside the armrest, and just have about 2 feet of the cable that goes to the iPhone dock connection exposed.

And to finish it off, I use a 'Naja' holder in the car - http://thoughtout.biz/NAJA_King
Imagine a coiled cobra (the coiled portion trapped under a heavy rubber car mat on the passenger side) with it's head sticking straight up with a iPhone/iPod-capable holder at the end. Convenient and portable if I'm stuck in a loaner or the wife's car for an extended period.

wantscadillac
09-29-10, 11:33 PM
I think it's good deal. Especially it's a 08 STS with NAV.