: Leather Experts - Need Advice

codewize
09-21-10, 11:18 PM
Hi all, I have an oportunity to grab a 91 Brougham which happens to be a Virginia car so it's very clean. The bumper filler by the gas cap is missing but here's the thing.

The only disapointing part of the car is the excewssive wear on the driver seat. The car only has 46k on it but I've never seen a seat in a cadillac worn this badly.

So the question is, can it be repaired? How costly is it? Can I find a replacement seat?

hcvone
09-29-10, 07:20 AM
Hi all, I have an oportunity to grab a 91 Brougham which happens to be a Virginia car so it's very clean. The bumper filler by the gas cap is missing but here's the thing.

The only disapointing part of the car is the excewssive wear on the driver seat. The car only has 46k on it but I've never seen a seat in a cadillac worn this badly.

So the question is, can it be repaired? How costly is it? Can I find a replacement seat?

I see you are in upstate NY, I live half the year in the Old Forge NY area, so you may have limited choices, but if there are any interior shops in your area you may want to show it to them, I have seen many shops that can replace the leather, renew the leather and make your interior new again

codewize
10-01-10, 10:53 PM
OK Great. There a very good shop in Albany. So I'm told. American Auto Glass on Central ave is supposed to be THE place to go for interior work.

If I end up with the car I'll take it there and get some pricing.

fool2
10-03-10, 03:41 AM
Is it a pillow top D'Elegance seat? I have seen very few of those rewrapped and still look factory.

MWA
10-03-10, 07:33 PM
Give Leatherique.com a call after checking their website. They can give assistance and I do not think that you will be sorry. Good luck!

Sahuarita
10-05-10, 12:02 AM
MWA knows his products. Leatherique is possibly the best leather restore products on the market. If it doesn't get the job done, they new leather is the only way to solve the problem.

codewize
10-05-10, 05:28 PM
Not pillow top. Just the regular Brougham interior.