: wierd traction control problem!!!

caddygirlny
09-13-04, 12:12 PM
i noticed when i press my traction control button, across my dash, it says "traction controll off" so i know its off...and this allows me to spin my tires ...well i floor it and i dont...

but when i press my traction control on..it goes across my screen saying "traction control on"...and i floor it, and i spin my tires...

i thought it was suppossed to be the opposite...so im really confused now, and im wondering if its messed up. anyone know?
thanx :helpless:

caddydaddy
09-13-04, 12:41 PM
Nope, it's working fine!
The transmission will start out in 2nd gear with the TC off to prevent transmission damage.

caddygirlny
09-13-04, 01:10 PM
oooooooooh that makes sense...and thats y it starts off slower!! WOW. thanx so much...cadillac was gonna charge me 90 dollars to just look at it LOL :banghead:

wow thanx. i understand now. its awesome having so many people that know so much so i dont hafta go and waste money hehe ;)

caddydaddy
09-13-04, 02:26 PM
Well, I only charge $45 for diagnostics! :)

I can't believe they would charge you to solve that simple problem! That's something that I don't think is in the owners manual, but should be!

foo
09-13-04, 10:50 PM
It turns it off to save the differential.. I, however, am going to figure out a way to rewire it so that it can't disable 1st gear with it off :> It greatly reduces track times if I have the slightest bit of differential spin