Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2008 STS Struts Already?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  schwbl 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 STS pushing 50K miles...100 miles round trip to work, mostly hwy speeds...I notice at slower speeds and driving on subdivision streets alot of vibration and noise from the suspension. "Definitely not the Cadillac ride that it shoud be". Michilen tires look good....pressures are good according to the monitors. I get no other warnings or messages from the car. I wouldn't expect that the struts would be in need of replacement due to normal wear at 50K. Any other thoughts...? I have read in other posts that the SRX had issues with struts (GM Issue) any chance that they are the same strut beings they are both AWD vehicles? Thanks for you time.

#3 ·
These cars don't have struts--they use shock absorbers. If you have MRC, these shocks can get very expensive. Non MRC fronts should be affordable, but the rears incorporate self leveling and are pricey. Have you had the car since new, or just bought it recently? Depending on preference, many people find the MRC ride objectionable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.