: Ball Joints

gtsviper2000
09-21-10, 04:29 PM
So I replaced my front upper and lower ball joints on both the driver and passenger side about 6 months ago / 400 miles. (yeah I didnt drive it at all over the summer)

and now the ball joints are making a GOD awfull screaching sound.

I guess thats what you get for having a lowered 94 Bro with shit duralast balljoints.

Never the less, they are coming out and moog is going in.

do the moog ball joints that are rated for the armored fleets fit/work with no mods?

would it be worth it to have those?

Im about 6 inchs off the ground. So Im guessing there is some extra stress with the modified suspension geometry.

Please advise.

RippyPartsDept
09-21-10, 04:45 PM
i would go with durastop/acdelco - but that's my personal preference... i've always found that they have good corrosion coatings on their parts... remember you're originals probably lasted 16 years, right?

gtsviper2000
09-21-10, 05:14 PM
okay well i definitly appreciate your opnion, and that being said maybe you can anwser me this, do the amored/limo ball joints fit in the standard control arms? :) with no mods of coarse.

im assuming acdelo makes armored ones as well?

RippyPartsDept
09-21-10, 05:40 PM
i couldn't really say if they would fit or not - they are definitely different though (and more expensive)

csbuckn
09-21-10, 07:28 PM
I don't think the armor car ones will fit. I wanna say they are like a quarter or an eighth inch wider

RippyPartsDept
09-21-10, 07:31 PM
if i had to guess i would say that too

cadillac_al
09-24-10, 08:58 AM
I don't understand how a ball joint can screech if it is full of grease. People lower cars all the time and the ball joints are supposed to work through the full travel without problems. Do you think it might be the tires screeching?

mjs182004
09-24-10, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty sure the armored ones wont fit. I think they are slightly larger than the others.

RippyPartsDept
09-24-10, 12:48 PM
ACDelco Parts
Lower #88911524
Upper #88911387
I can sell them for $29 each

Upper and Lower Ball Joints (http://www.acdelco.com/parts/chassis)

Precision-machined housing allows for advanced technology and low-friction bearing designs that cannot be used in a stamped housing. The result is easier steering and better return-to-center
Case-hardened housing provides a harder and deeper bearing surface for increased strength and durability
Polyurethane boots help resist cracking, splitting, and dry rotting, while eliminating contamination that contributes to premature joint failure
Advanced corrosion coatings help provide the best possible protection for the harshest conditions

gtsviper2000
09-27-10, 12:50 PM
I don't understand how a ball joint can screech if it is full of grease. People lower cars all the time and the ball joints are supposed to work through the full travel without problems. Do you think it might be the tires screeching?

yeah who knows, it was good for 4 months, then it started getting bad, and I went around and greased everything really good, and for 3 days, i was perfect, now its snowballed into the worst sound I have ever heard a car make.

Ill try to capture a video of it!!

now that i have my 03 cts back, ill have time to tear this thing apart again