: Carpet Type - OEM 1969 Deville Convertible

Sponson
09-21-10, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know what type of carpet came from the factory in a 1969 Caddy DeVille, loop or cut pile? Many of the carpet sites say it was a loop, but a few said it could have been cut pile. My carpet was replaced by the previous owner, and is now cut pile, as are the door and kick panels. The panels could have been replaced along with the carpet as well. Thanks.

Bro-Ham
09-21-10, 04:31 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would guess loop.

jayoldschool
09-21-10, 06:59 PM
100% positive: loop.

Sponson
09-21-10, 10:09 PM
Loop makes sense, and is what I remember from that era, but the kick panels and lower seat back being cut pile made me question it. Unfortunately the previous owner had the front seat recovered using cut pile on the lower back side. The cover was done really nicely, and I am not going to replace it, so I will have loop everywhere but there. Oh well.

jayoldschool
09-21-10, 11:06 PM
So why not just do cut pile again? It will look great.

Sponson
09-21-10, 11:19 PM
Well, I could do cut pile, but I like to go with what came from the factory. I'm not fanatical about it, but whatever was on the car originally I would like to go with. I can live with the seat back not being loop. Thanks for the input

jayoldschool
09-22-10, 12:04 AM
Well, double check the dealer brochure to make sure that it was loop before you order. I would hate to find out that Cadillac went to cut pile before other GM lines.

Sponson
09-22-10, 12:33 AM
Good idea.... Know where I could check one? I have an original brochure one would get at the dealer, and I also have a bunch of info from GM heritage, but did not see anything in words or pictures that gave me a clue which was right. In the end I will not loose to much sleep over it, but I would like to do my best to see what was original. Thanks.

Sponson
09-22-10, 10:22 AM
And the answer is, cut pile. I looked through the GM information I got through their archive service and it clearly indicates that cut pile was used on all 1969 Caddies except the Calais where loop was used.

jayoldschool
09-22-10, 03:08 PM
I'm glad I was wrong on this one. As I suspected, Cadillac was leading the way with innovation. My 71 Pontiac still got loop.