: GMPP and engine troubles!

skozzy
09-21-10, 12:00 PM
Hey just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. I have an 06 STS4 1SG

The back story: Parked the car on thursday evening (one month ago) to drive my T-bird as the weather was nice. Get into the Caddy the following Saturday evening to go to dinner and it was idling extremely rough. Once we got on the road going it went away. Once we left dinner same thing only check engine light was on.
The following monday I took it to the dealer. They orignally thought it was the #5 fuel injector. relaced it and still had the problem. Tech then replaced the number 3 injector. Tech put car back together and still there.
At this point they decided to pull the heads. Well GMPP has been slowing the process down demanding photos and proof of all flaws. They actually sent someone to the dealer to take photo's!
Well now they get the heads off and there is oil pooling in the cylinder. Dealer wants to rebuild engine. GMPP is saying they want photos and a second opinion!

Anyone else have this kind of issue with there cars?

Oh side note. I have been stuck with a Chevy HHR loaner! That car sucks big time!

SlickCityStan
09-22-10, 06:35 PM
A second opinion? I would have thought that having a GMPP warranty would of been a painless, no questions asked, we will fixit experience. At the prices that I was quoted when I purchased my STS I am glad I didn't buy one to have to go through the nonsense and hassle your going through AIN't worth it.

skozzy
09-23-10, 09:38 AM
Well they have approved the repairs. My engine is sitting out in a million pieces though! I have a friend that works at the dealer he is going to take photos for me today!