: Might buy this Fleetwood tomorrow.

Jesda
09-21-10, 12:33 AM
I have a class tomorrow night so I'm sending Ian with cash. 94 FWB, 178k, towing package. New AC and tires. Guy is selling it because he owes property tax to Mississippi.

He accepted $1500 over the phone on the condition that I keep it, care for it, and send pictures once in a while.

http://www.q45.org/gallery/gallery3/var/resizes/94-Fleetwood-Brougham/fleetwood.jpg?m=1285039766
http://www.q45.org/gallery/gallery3/var/resizes/94-Fleetwood-Brougham/fwbroof.jpg?m=1285039783
http://www.q45.org/gallery/gallery3/var/resizes/94-Fleetwood-Brougham/fwbseat.jpg?m=1285039792
http://www.q45.org/gallery/gallery3/var/resizes/94-Fleetwood-Brougham/fwbseat2.jpg?m=1285039801

So, we'll see what happens.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-21-10, 12:39 AM
Like I said on Facebook, this is great news! You've wanted one of these full sized Cadillacs for years and now the opportunity has presented it's self. Best of luck!!

ted tcb
09-21-10, 12:40 AM
Huh?

If you're paying a mechanic to bring your vehicles up to snuff, aren't
the Swedish twins already keepin' your wallet thin?

ga_etc
09-21-10, 12:47 AM
'94 FWB=LT1. LT1s are cheap and easy to maintain. Though, it may be too simple for a Saab/Volvo mechanic.

Jesda
09-21-10, 01:00 AM
Huh?

If you're paying a mechanic to bring your vehicles up to snuff, aren't
the Swedish twins already keepin' your wallet thin?

He only works on Saab and Volvo. He won't touch anything else even if I ask.

orconn
09-21-10, 01:04 AM
Somehow I think you are paying what the car is worth. Closer inspection may show this car has been ridden hard and put away wet. The condition of the driver's seat doesn't inspire confidence for me.

Jesda
09-21-10, 01:10 AM
Somehow I think you are paying what the car is worth. Closer inspection may show this car has been ridden hard and put away wet. The condition of the driver's seat doesn't inspire confidence for me.

The seat doesn't bug me as much as the cracks on the dash. He says he has a huge stack of records, which is a plus, but we'll see if those services translated into a good-running car.

The Tony Show
09-21-10, 01:22 AM
The aftermarket hole in the roof worries me.

greencadillacmatt
09-21-10, 02:28 AM
This would mean Jesda would visit the RWD section once in a while. Hmm... I'll tell them to brace for weirdness.

Night Wolf
09-21-10, 04:12 AM
Well.... it's a better start than my 528e....

but from my experience, fixing up 80s and 90s era Caddys can be a pain as there is nearly no aftermarket support and GM turned their backs on these models long ago. Plus, there is so much more of the fine details on these cars...naturally, because there is just more car. It seems like once they go downhill, there isn't much turning back.

For that reason, I think in the Cadillac world - I would opt to spend more money upfront and purchase a car in as best condition as I could find.

Jesda
09-21-10, 04:18 AM
The aftermarket hole in the roof worries me.

Good point. I'm going to have Ian take it through a car wash.

Interesting sunroof thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/145115-after-market-sunroof.html

The Tony Show
09-21-10, 12:36 PM
It's not so much leaks you need to worry about, but rather the shoddy drain tubes they install clogging up and filling the floor panels or headliner with water.

OffThaHorseCEO
09-21-10, 01:39 PM
It's not so much leaks you need to worry about, but rather the shoddy drain tubes they install clogging up and filling the floor panels or headliner with water.

happened on the ETC i used to have.

Jesda
09-21-10, 02:07 PM
Decided to pass on it. Didn't see it yet but 3 cars is a bit much.

Jesda
09-21-10, 02:07 PM
Decided to pass on it. Didn't see it yet but 3 cars is a bit much.

ted tcb
09-21-10, 03:23 PM
Smart choice .... keep the Swedish twins, then when you tire of the Volvo, flip it and get
another eclectic vehicle.

Just remember to hold onto the Saab ... you rescued her and have invested much effort
into a great renovation.
By comparsion, the Volvo is just another car, albeit a nice car.

hueterm
09-21-10, 04:03 PM
I don't blame you for passing, as I wouldn't want the roof, and that seat was in BAD shape... The 3 car thing might be a problem in an apt. complex....

ben.gators
09-21-10, 04:12 PM
He accepted $1500 over the phone on the condition that I keep it, care for it, and send pictures once in a while.

I usually consider stuff like this as a positive point, saying that the previous owner used to love the car and he did whatever he could (or better to say afford!) to keep it in a good condition.....

however it was wise to pass it, since you have enough toys for amusing yourself and trashing your money.... I trash my money for one car, and see the flow of the money going into it, so multiplying it by three would be too much....

Jesda
09-21-10, 04:14 PM
I don't blame you for passing, as I wouldn't want the roof, and that seat was in BAD shape... The 3 car thing might be a problem in an apt. complex....

I leased three covered spaces.

Ian will simply have to park under the threatening sky. :cool:

I usually consider stuff like this as a positive point, saying that the previous owner used to love the car and he did whatever he could (or better to say afford!) to keep it in a good condition.....

I wish someone else would buy it. From what he described, the other callers were whackjobs looking for a beater to turn into a rolling meth lab. :histeric:

ga_etc
09-21-10, 04:20 PM
Loan me the money...

Stingroo
09-21-10, 04:28 PM
Does he want a wagon?

No, I could never. :hide:

billc83
09-21-10, 10:37 PM
If it was in better shape I'd be all over it. But like everyone has pointed out, it looks like it's had a rough life.