: Worst used car ad ever?

ga_etc
09-20-10, 11:17 PM
http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/9/3/285/519/17261335504.285519606.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.j pg

I know I'm not alone in the fact that I find this ad hilarious. To those who don't get why it's so funny; Congratulations, you haven't been corrupted.

The car itself it beautiful though.

*DISCLAIMER: I intend no insult to anyone with this post.

orconn
09-20-10, 11:58 PM
"Lone Star Cadillac" was probably already taken when they decided on their name! But in a state where a GMC Suburban was known as a "Texas Cadillac" for several decades, a "Gay Cadillac" might mean something different than in other parts of the country!

Jesda
09-21-10, 12:17 AM
:jesda:

RightTurn
09-21-10, 12:48 AM
That dealership has been around the Houston area forever. They used to be Gay Pontiac. :coffee: It's the unfortunate family name.

Aron9000
09-21-10, 01:42 AM
huh, huh, huh, uh hey Bevis . . .

uh, that queer ass car dealership is over in Dickinson. uh DICKinson, uh, huh, huh, huh.

Playdrv4me
09-21-10, 01:46 AM
What a Gay thread about a Gay car.

greencadillacmatt
09-21-10, 02:41 AM
^But it would make me feel so Gay to take that car for a drive...

ga_etc
09-21-10, 09:05 AM
That dealership has been around the Houston area forever. They used to be Gay Pontiac. :coffee: It's the unfortunate family name.

I know, it just caught me off guard. The biggest reason I found it ammusing is because there is actually a Cadillac, a Buick, and a GMC in my driveway. I also am the subject of a an unfortunate last name.

The-Dullahan
09-21-10, 11:27 PM
Does the back of the car still have a decal that reads "GAY" on it? Would that get you lynched in Dick-In-Son Texas?

I am going to call them in the morning to see how long I can pretend to be a customer before they realize I am making jokes about their name...or that I have a Fl area code...

The-Dullahan
09-21-10, 11:29 PM
I know, it just caught me off guard. The biggest reason I found it ammusing is because there is actually a Cadillac, a Buick, and a GMC in my driveway. I also am the subject of a an unfortunate last name.

There's no such thing as Unfortunate Last Names. Take them, embrace them and make them your own (Though they technically already are, I think) that's what I did with my seemingly random and unexplainable last name and look how great I turned out?:cookoo:

The-Dullahan
09-21-10, 11:31 PM
Triple post.

This is pretty high up for the worst ad ever, but to be honest, this guy used to be on the television for hours at a time, sometimes he was the primary broadcast of those lower channels everyone forgets about. That was way back before I moved here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Hl6PrK46Q

Stingroo
09-21-10, 11:38 PM
Holy crap I remember that guy from FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMILY AUTO MART.

77CDV
09-22-10, 02:16 AM
Gotta fill up the wee hours of the morning somehow now that TV stations don't sign off nightly anymore. I rather miss the Indians and the endless beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep all night, and the national anthem being played every morning at six when the stations came back on the air.

93DevilleUSMC
09-22-10, 08:58 AM
Check that car for rear bumper damage.

Aron9000
09-22-10, 01:10 PM
Check that car for rear bumper damage.

I'd actually be more worried about the gas neck filler.:florian:

orconn
09-22-10, 02:50 PM
You guys certainly do know your Gay Cadillacs!

The-Dullahan
09-22-10, 07:54 PM
Gotta fill up the wee hours of the morning somehow now that TV stations don't sign off nightly anymore. I rather miss the Indians and the endless beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep all night, and the national anthem being played every morning at six when the stations came back on the air.

No Craig, this guy was on for hours straight, during the day and evenings in what I believe is primetime. I recall this during a vacation one year when we rented a house in FL for vacation.

I prefer the national signoff for television stations, it makes it easier to speak with The TV People.

Destroyer
09-22-10, 08:31 PM
Triple post.

This is pretty high up for the worst ad ever, but to be honest, this guy used to be on the television for hours at a time, sometimes he was the primary broadcast of those lower channels everyone forgets about. That was way back before I moved here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Hl6PrK46Q
I wouldn't be caught DEAD at that dealership! Holy farkin' redneck Batman! :nono: That rap at the end........................:bonkers:

Playdrv4me
09-22-10, 09:17 PM
Their cars always come up on my AutoTrader searches and are typically shitboxes.

The-Dullahan
09-23-10, 12:32 AM
I wouldn't be caught DEAD at that dealership! Holy farkin' redneck Batman! :nono: That rap at the end........................:bonkers:

I'd never really imagine myself ever going to any dealership. EVER. If I had to though, I'd rather avoid this place (Plus, I do not think any of those places are near here). They were really pushing the "Boo-Coo Minivans" back in the day as I recall:cookoo:. Of course, this was long before the sudden drop in minivan sales in America a few years ago when everyone wanted Crossovers.

I'd sooner travel all the way to Texas to buy one of these GAY cars.

93DevilleUSMC
09-23-10, 11:14 PM
i'd actually be more worried about the gas neck filler.:florian:

lol!