Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17 Pictures of my Drag wheel/tire install

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Domsz06 
#1 · (Edited)
There are several threads on drag wheel setups but not alot of pics of the install.
I thought I would share my pics to help those who are considering a setup like this. There were many people I consulted along the way and they helped me save time and money. I would like to try and do the same for others.

Below are pics of the install of Z06 rear 18X10.5 wheels with Mickey Thompson 305/35/18 Et Street Radials.

What was interesting is many people had reported spacers would need to be used.

I originally did not use them and checked the brake lines and clearance everywhere I could think of. (calipers, fender well, shock perch, brake lines etc. etc.

What I found is the passenger side was tighter than the driver side. Not by much, but enough to cause concern. I took a drive without spacers gingerly around my neighborhood. I did one launch. I came back and checked. Sure enough, when the car squatted, I got very slight contact with the passenger Ebrake cable and the lower spring perch against the inside lip of the wheel.

I removed the wheels and tied back the brake lines with zip ties and then installed my 1/4 inch billet aluminum spacer from Jegs. (Dr.Buzz and I had a phone conversation about this and he suggested I increase the diameter of the 5 holes slightly cause he had difficulty removing. When I test fitted the spacers, they got snug on the last 2 or 3 threads beforee being flush with the hub. So I did this and after driving an hour to the track, 4 passes, an hour back, they slid right off. Thanks for the tip Buzz.

I noticed 2 things while i was removing the setup.
I always like to putz around and check stuff for wear or potential problems.
1.) I was missing a fastner on the wheel well.
2.) I collected a good bit of small stones in the shock perch.

I always keep several different sized fastners in my tool box, slapped one in and removed the stones.

So, it performed flawlessly and I hope the pictures give people an idea of what they will encounter in doing this.

Thanks again to those who helped me.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.