: Air Ride Rear Springs

baabootoo
09-19-10, 03:10 PM
After seeing the body roll while on a track, I started looking into Air Ride Tech rear springs. They make some universal coil replacements which look close in size/load. This would give us the adjustability for height and load. Imagine dropping the rear of these 3", and keep it flat, for track! All the big boys in the Pro Streeters run these and their back ends are almost dragging at times. I realize we'd have to "fool" the ride height rods, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Any thoughts?

wfo
09-19-10, 03:23 PM
Now we're getting somewhere.

Domsz06
09-19-10, 05:55 PM
interesting, more info please, location, cost specs etc...

Caddyscat
09-20-10, 01:04 AM
Sounds like backwards evolution. How about find someone who knows how to re-program the MR shocks to work in more than two modes, as well as with lowered springs! Nobody has even attempted to get into the system?

Domsz06
09-20-10, 08:45 AM
Sounds like backwards evolution. How about find someone who knows how to re-program the MR shocks to work in more than two modes, as well as with lowered springs! Nobody has even attempted to get into the system?

Everyone in Houston that has them thinks D3's springs work better then stock. So just allow some reprograming for track time...

thebigjimsho
09-20-10, 03:18 PM
Yeah. No...

Domsz06
09-20-10, 03:59 PM
Yeah. No...

? to the OP?

thebigjimsho
09-20-10, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't want to run these at the track...

baabootoo
09-21-10, 01:35 PM
They only cost about $100 each, from Air Ride, and have the adjustability factor. If you're older, we remember the red "Air Bags" inside the spring for added support. After reading up on these, they have come a LONG way. They make two heights of the ones we might need; 1500# per side at max pressure.

Domsz06
09-21-10, 02:37 PM
They only cost about $100 each, from Air Ride, and have the adjustability factor. If you're older, we remember the red "Air Bags" inside the spring for added support. After reading up on these, they have come a LONG way. They make two heights of the ones we might need; 1500# per side at max pressure.

be interesting to see who does it first and see how it ends up....

Gary Wells
09-21-10, 02:58 PM
Batter up!

Domsz06
09-21-10, 03:24 PM
lol not me not me.

Gary Wells
09-21-10, 05:00 PM
Sean:
I have already given up your name as a secret volunteer.
J/K. In all actuality though, I have read on CF that at least a few Z06's have gone to coilovers with success.
I would hate to throw away the MR suspension, which I think works great on something that may or may not work on the CTS-V's.

mfrazstsv
09-21-10, 10:23 PM
Re the OP comment about fooling the ride height rods. Does someone know how these really work? Isn't there something in the service manual about setting a "zero" base for the ride height?

baabootoo
09-24-10, 12:13 AM
Re the OP comment about fooling the ride height rods. Does someone know how these really work? Isn't there something in the service manual about setting a "zero" base for the ride height?

My guess is they are set for the stock height. This means no load, hence no large up and down loads as when fully loaded. If we were to reduce the height by two inches, "I" believe the computer sees this as a heavily loaded condition. So, each movement, and reaction to that movement, is based upon 3000# bouncing up and down as opposed to just 2000#. My guess is that the damping rates are increased a lot to compensate for the 50% increase in load; or at least it thinks so. A small turnbuckle would give us that adjustability.