: Hood Emblem Stolen

MT-ED
09-19-10, 01:59 PM
:nono: So I've gone three years owning this car before some low-life mother-molester decided one of the badges was his for the taking. Last night the hood emblem was snapped off at the base in the underground garage of our apartment block. We called the police as there is a security camera right by the car so the perp might be on film. There's supposedly been a spate of petty car-crime around here lately. Might help catch their problem.

My question is, what's the part number for a '91 Brougham for the hood emblem assembly? I'll probably get one off E-bay unless some kind person here has a nice one available.

Considering my avatar, I'm pissed-off to say the least.

Martin.

Stingroo
09-19-10, 02:17 PM
I'd be pissed if that ever happened to me, no joke. Sorry to hear it. Ebay is probably your best bet, a NOS one is probably $100 or something ridiculous.

brougham
09-19-10, 04:57 PM
You don't need a part number just do a search for it and they'll come up.

Robin Banx
09-19-10, 07:28 PM
Martin......... My spare 83 FWB hood emblem is in the original box with the number "3634591 ornament" on it. I bought it from Carter GM in Burnaby 2 years ago. Hopefully they will be still available. Mine billed out at a bit over $100. as I recall.

Good luck................R.

The-Dullahan
09-19-10, 11:22 PM
I'd send you one if I had a nice one, but all I've got is an old chrome one and a near-mint gold one and I really doubt you'd want the gold one.

Check Ebay, they aren't really hard to find. You can also rig your hood ornament to an alarm, if you feel that would help.

MudAnt
09-19-10, 11:58 PM
That happened to me a while back, I know exactly how you feel. I got a new one off eBay for only $20 + shipping, plus my old one had a few cracks in the plastic.