: V Cufflinks custom

OH3Cobra
09-19-10, 12:40 PM
I've been lurking on this board for the past year, the V is awesome and may be my next sedan. Currently I own a 300C SRT8 and an O3 Cobra, so I have a real love for horsepower.

I made a visit to Detroit to visit our offices and meet with several of our partners. One of them had just purchased a new V. As I was sitting across from him I noticed some distinctive cufflinks. WOW CTS V cufflinks.

After the meeting he let me drive the V - Everything I had imagined and then some. I'd thought I'd share the picture I took of his custom Cufflinks. Sorry, I don't know where he had them made.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/OH3Cobra/IMG00321-20100901-1126.jpg

SleepTight
09-19-10, 05:08 PM
You're such a cuff tease! Seriously, would you please find out where those beauties were made? I think I can guarantee the maker several sales just off this board.

Domsz06
09-19-10, 05:40 PM
are you kidding me?? where are those??? I WANT SOME!!!!!!! I CAN ONLY FIND BMW ONES!!!!!! I SO WANT THEM!!!

cbloveday
09-20-10, 12:39 PM
I got a pair of M6 cufflinks. So I definately, would buy a set as well. Love it.

Domsz06
09-20-10, 12:40 PM
I emailed lots of places last night to see if they would make some or had some.

If anyone replies I will post details on here for sure!

Domsz06
09-20-10, 12:41 PM
I hope though we can get them in silver... would prefer that instead, but beggers can't be choosers.

Florian
09-20-10, 01:36 PM
remember the GB rules, folks......

F

Domsz06
09-20-10, 02:00 PM
remember the GB rules, folks......

F

I will if it ever comes to that.

OH3Cobra
09-20-10, 02:13 PM
Ok, I will speak to my friend if he minds me sharing the info. I do not want to violate any board rules by sharing the info. Admins - what are the rules here? What a GB rules?

Domsz06
09-20-10, 02:16 PM
GB stands for Group Buys.

SleepTight
09-20-10, 03:28 PM
I hope though we can get them in silver... would prefer that instead, but beggers can't be choosers.

This.

thebigjimsho
09-20-10, 03:32 PM
Those don't look any different than the ones I bought from Cadillac.com a few years ago. I have a tie pin, too...

Domsz06
09-20-10, 03:55 PM
really jim?

thebigjimsho
09-20-10, 07:20 PM
Now that I think of it, it may not have been on CadillacCollection.com. It may have been elsewhere. But, yeah, they were in production. I'm not saying it's the same as above, but they exist...

Domsz06
09-20-10, 09:35 PM
I'll try Cadillac collection. Cadillac.com has zero.

Domsz06
09-20-10, 10:00 PM
they don't appear to be on cadillaccollection. but I did email them.

SleepTight
09-20-10, 10:04 PM
Cadillac collection is just awful in filling orders. Everything is always out-of-stock or back ordered. And the prices are ridiculous. Would somebody please step up and make some quality officially licensed gear?

Nutz
09-20-10, 11:26 PM
You can get these to match...
In Black Raven uppers with White Diamond soles.
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af238/hpjim/0913101930a1.jpg

Domsz06
09-20-10, 11:36 PM
You can get these to match...
In Black Raven uppers with White Diamond soles.
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af238/hpjim/0913101930a1.jpg

ha ha ha um no. :)

Domsz06
09-20-10, 11:39 PM
Cadillac collection is just awful in filling orders. Everything is always out-of-stock or back ordered. And the prices are ridiculous. Would somebody please step up and make some quality officially licensed gear?

I would venture to say the reason is most of the caddy drives could care less about the items to go with it. The V crown is a rare breed. You would think this site would have some goodies..

Domsz06
09-21-10, 12:33 PM
they don't appear to be on cadillaccollection. but I did email them.

they don't carry them. Last year they had the crest but they sold out and now they do not have any nor have any plans to.

I am talking to someone about making some, min order is like 36, but I'll cover it if he will do it and then just sell the rest on eBay.

Keep you posted.

Jeffrey
09-21-10, 02:31 PM
I am talking to someone about making some, min order is like 36, but I'll cover it if he will do it and then just sell the rest on eBay.

Keep you posted.

Hi,

I'd be very interested in buying one, or more, pair(s) of high quality V cufflinks.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

Domsz06
09-21-10, 03:23 PM
i'll keep everyone posted

Your on the "list" Jeffery

PGA2B
09-21-10, 03:51 PM
I'd buy a pair and if you can find some one who can make these then we should get a Group Buy going.

Domsz06
09-21-10, 03:53 PM
I'd buy a pair and if you can find some one who can make these then we should get a Group Buy going.

I'm trying. One guy is currently looking into liscensing and I just sent him the pics from page 1....

Someone please PM me the group buy rules as I was looking for them but I couldn't find them.

kblair3d
09-21-10, 08:51 PM
I absolutely want in on these when available.... I may have a jeweler that can make them for a group. I'm going to email him and find out and group cost if possible....

Florian
09-21-10, 09:46 PM
I'm trying. One guy is currently looking into liscensing and I just sent him the pics from page 1....

Someone please PM me the group buy rules as I was looking for them but I couldn't find them.

look in the rules....you simply cannot have a GB without being a vendor, or your source becoming a vendor here.

F

e6t
09-21-10, 09:52 PM
In. In. In.

Domsz06
09-22-10, 09:18 AM
look in the rules....you simply cannot have a GB without being a vendor, or your source becoming a vendor here.

F

Ok thanks F.

Domsz06
09-22-10, 09:19 AM
I absolutely want in on these when available.... I may have a jeweler that can make them for a group. I'm going to email him and find out and group cost if possible....

I just emailed a jeweler that makes this guy's cufflinks. Will see what he says.

Looks like if you or I get them we will have to go to PM's to sale, as I'm not going to become a vendor just to have a GB....

Domsz06
09-22-10, 09:24 AM

F

I read under the rules tab and there isn't anything there about Group buys....

rjoffe
09-22-10, 09:29 AM
I read under the rules tab and there isn't anything there about Group buys....

Just a quick read of : http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner only in our Classifieds section, however selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commercial post and may be removed at the discretion of moderators and/or staff.

Commercial solicitations may be posted in the forum they most apply to as long as the company conducting the group buy is a supporting vendor at cadillacforums.com.

Messages promoting a commercial entity that is not a supporting vendor of cadillacforums.com may be deleted at any time at the discretion of cadillacforums.com moderators and administrators.

Just an FYI, in the past selling on PM has gotten folks punted from the forums.

Domsz06
09-22-10, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the info. Guess I missed it when I was scanning it. Kind of a silly bunch of rules for this forum, a 5000 dollar fee to reregister if you are banned? who would pay that?

I really don't see what it matters if you sell it on the classifieds, but if it's the rules it's the rules.

Doesn't really matter though as I'm still having no luck getting these made. One jeweler doesn't want to do to copyright laws (i understand that) I'm looking to see if we can do it with persmission....

e6t
09-22-10, 11:17 AM

i am not a smart man, but this thread doesnt seem to be a commercial solicitation or commercial endorsement. its not so much an endorsement of a company as it is a desire to purchase a product that many of us would like and the suggested facilitation thereof.

seems like a nice gesture to me.

Domsz06
09-22-10, 11:23 AM
I agree, but when you have the mod, "Florian", comment I'm not wanting to get banned. Don't get me wrong if I do end up with some people will figure it out how to get them. lol granted that will probably get me banned too, but it is what it is.

It's not like I'm taking business away from the other vendors, NO one has them. Oh well. Don't worry, I'll keep looking and if I get some I'll work with the mods to keep it legit or something. Don't wanna make them all mad as Florian has been nice to me as well as made my chart a sitcky.

OH3Cobra
09-22-10, 02:36 PM
Jeweler who made them is Gary Astrein, 248-644-1651. contact him for assistance. He can make them in what ever style you'd like
Located outside Detroit, in Birmingham

Domsz06
09-22-10, 03:01 PM
Jeweler who made them is Gary Astrein, 248-644-1651. contact him for assistance. He can make them in what ever style you'd like
Located outside Detroit, in Birmingham

thanks called and left a vm

Florian
09-22-10, 04:38 PM
just follow the guidelines on GB's please, and nobody will have any issues.

F

Domsz06
09-22-10, 05:02 PM
just follow the guidelines on GB's please, and nobody will have any issues.

F

Roger :D

thebigjimsho
09-23-10, 12:37 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/392079862.jpg

kblair3d
09-23-10, 08:01 AM

F
Sounds good to me ... I found out yesterday that just to make this if Gold would be aprox $2,500 (Price of Gold is extremely high) and to go silver only would be aprox $250 ea. But now to also find a jeweler who can cast then recreate a copy is difficult. Whoever posted the original thread with picture is probably the best source on this one IMO

Domsz06
09-23-10, 08:10 AM
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2241/2287429/4482063/392079862.jpg

Those the one's you bought TBJS?

Domsz06
09-23-10, 08:11 AM
Sounds good to me ... I found out yesterday that just to make this if Gold would be aprox $2,500 (Price of Gold is extremely high) and to go silver only would be aprox $250 ea. But now to also find a jeweler who can cast then recreate a copy is difficult. Whoever posted the original thread with picture is probably the best source on this one IMO

I'm not paying that kind of money, sorry lol.

I'm currently talking to some suppliers that make stuff... will see what happens.

thebigjimsho
09-23-10, 08:57 AM
Those the one's you bought TBJS?

Yep. But the camera in my HTC EVO is too good. They should've been polished up a little...

Domsz06
09-23-10, 09:05 AM
Yep. But the camera in my HTC EVO is too good. They should've been polished up a little...

pretty sweet.

still no dice from anyone yet.

OH3Cobra
09-23-10, 09:41 PM
The gentleman i referenced has the Molds necessary to produce. I do believe there is a GM exec with a pair of these. May be in Silver. Hope you all get what you want.

On the car front my 300C SRT8 was hit by a tire gator on the highway. 3 grand is the estimate. I get it fixed next week. I'm liking the V more everyday. I'll hold out to see what the 2012 SRT's look like

Domsz06
09-23-10, 10:10 PM
he called me back but I couldn't get to the phone. I'll call him tomorrow.

Gary Wells
09-24-10, 08:19 AM
If you guys don't find a source for these, I know a custom jeweler in the turboBuick community that I can line you guys up with, providing that this is not breaking any forum rules. He makes and designs it.

Domsz06
09-24-10, 08:59 AM
If you guys don't find a source for these, I know a custom jeweler in the turboBuick community that I can line you guys up with, providing that this is not breaking any forum rules. He makes and designs it.

I have talked to 2 so far and they can make em, but they won't violate the copyright laws....

I will call another that made the original ones today. He called me last night but I missed his call.

Selling them will be a bit hard, so not sure how we will do that, everyone might just have to call him..

Domsz06
09-24-10, 11:22 AM
well I talked to Gary and he is getting me a price on the silver ones

The ones pictured are solid gold and going for about 1300.

Now I need to figure out the best way to not get in trouble and sell these for you guys.

I'll keep you posted.

Gary Wells
09-24-10, 11:58 AM
I never really thought of that, and I really don't want to violate any laws or rules, nor do I want to ask any acquaintances to violate any laws or rules.
Thank you for bringing that up. I can or will still hook you guys up with this guy if you guys need.

Domsz06
09-24-10, 12:14 PM
I never really thought of that, and I really don't want to violate any laws or rules, nor do I want to ask any acquaintances to violate any laws or rules.
Thank you for bringing that up. I can or will still hook you guys up with this guy if you guys need.

i know on the other forum I can sell em, they said no biggie.

but once I get it all I'll let you know. I mean I guess everyone could call him... got nothing. I don't wanna make anyone mad. the rules are gray, but F. pointed it out so not gonna break em or push it.

PGA2B
09-24-10, 12:28 PM
i know on the other forum I can sell em, they said no biggie.

but once I get it all I'll let you know. I mean I guess everyone could call him... got nothing. I don't wanna make anyone mad. the rules are gray, but F. pointed it out so not gonna break em or push it.

If we can get this going I can sponsor the GB being as I am a vendor. I will be out on VAC next week but I can check the site. PM me and we can get with Florian and Sal to make sure we do it right.

Domsz06
09-24-10, 01:25 PM
If we can get this going I can sponsor the GB being as I am a vendor. I will be out on VAC next week but I can check the site. PM me and we can get with Florian and Sal to make sure we do it right.

Ok sounds good.

Thanks for offering this up. Once I get the pricing I'll pm you.