: Is it possible to run taller tires w/0 screwing up the factory computer?

Moparman4444
09-19-10, 07:21 AM
I am having a hard time finding all season tires to fit the V because the wheel -tire design was obviously for summer driving only. However in the north central part of the country the weather dips under 70 degrees on a regular basis and the stock PS2 are anything but agreeable. I wanted to go to a slightly taller and wider tire in the front and the rear. Specifically a 275x45x19 front and a 285x45x19 rear. The over height of the tire would grow @ one inch front and rear. I just wanted to know if this can technically be done w/o:

1. Causing the stock computer to go crazy
2. Causing major handling problems
3. Causing alignment issues.

I get different information from dealer and body shops. So does anyone have any hard research information on this issue?

wait4me
09-19-10, 11:26 AM
once it is in 4th gear for the first time, it will reset based on N/V

baabootoo
09-19-10, 03:59 PM
1. No
2. No
3. No
Why such wide honking tires for the snow? We need thin tires to bite down to the pavement. I went back and read the front width. All that thing will do is slide on the snow around corners!

mpouls1
09-19-10, 05:39 PM
I am having a hard time finding all season tires...

I believe you are the first to ask this question. I don't remember anyone trying this type of setup with all season tires. :hmm: A lot of us were able to get oem winter tires from Pirelli. Perhaps they have the oem sizes needed for all season.

Domsz06
09-19-10, 07:07 PM
why would you want all season tires on 556 hp?

baabootoo
09-21-10, 05:48 PM
Check out the Continental DWS. GREAT reviews and price. I'll just run mine from Dec. - April; depending upon the snow amount and temperature. You won't find much better grip, even under 70, on any all-seasons though compared to the Michelins. Those all-seasons will slide all over.