: Auto Tranny only...WOT gear changes from 1st to 2nd??

LFTW8S
09-17-10, 04:34 PM
Still breaking in my V but getting close to having "full access" to the 556 hp. My car is still bone stock...I was curious if it will spin (chirp) the tires when shifting from 1st to 2nd at WOT. I ask because my 2005 E55 AMG would spin the tires during the 1 to 2 shift to the point you could get in trouble.

Domsz06
09-17-10, 04:39 PM
it can chirp em, but traction control won't allow you to get into trouble.

LFTW8S
09-17-10, 04:48 PM
it can chirp em, but traction control won't allow you to get into trouble.

How about with it in "Comp. mode" or "stabilitrac fully off?" I am talking full power with no intervention from the electronics.

snzuloz
09-17-10, 05:42 PM
How about with it in "Comp. mode" or "stabilitrac fully off?" I am talking full power with no intervention from the electronics.

Good luck getting it to chirp, turn off the elecronics (t/c) and stand on it, the only thing that will happen is frying those ps2's well into 2nd.

Domsz06
09-17-10, 05:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^ what he said.

digital1021
09-17-10, 10:38 PM
Depending on road surface, I have spun them in 1st in to 2nd with a chirp at 50% throttle with TC and Stabilitrac on, while in "sport mode".

~ Matt

CTSVeee
09-17-10, 10:54 PM
Good luck getting it to chirp, turn off the elecronics (t/c) and stand on it, the only thing that will happen is frying those ps2's well into 2nd.
100% agree.

dqw1
09-17-10, 11:46 PM
Make sure your pointed straight when you do it. I under estimated the power of this beast and hit it from a stop turning onto another road. It was fun but I scared the crap out this lady but I left a long tire mark and almost got sideways. That was fun but stupid. All nannies were turned off. Never tried hat again.

DocHoliday
09-25-10, 08:28 PM
will it to chirp 2nd to 3rd?...under any settings?

e6t
09-25-10, 09:09 PM
mine will spin the tires going into 4th... just sayin...

LFTW8S
09-26-10, 10:26 AM
mine will spin the tires going into 4th... just sayin...

4Th gear wheel spin?? Nice...what modes do you have?

edsuski
09-26-10, 12:51 PM
Set driving aids to comp mode, transmission to sport mode - use a little restraint at launch to keep from frying the tires in first and once you get rolling simply floor the accelerator. When the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd, the tires will break loose and the rear end will wag left to right just enough for the person behind you to see it. Kind of like waving good buy as you pull away. I can make this happen every single time (typically 70 degree weather) with almost no effort. This car is amazing! I suspect you would have to be carful in cold weather trying this. As others have mentioned - keep it pointed straight or it can swap ends on you pretty quick (even in comp mode - the driving aid will eventually kick in and try to save you - hopefully before you mess up the paint).

Ed

e6t
09-26-10, 02:03 PM
4Th gear wheel spin?? Nice...what modes do you have?

I've got the third pedal mod.

PhxTriode
09-27-10, 12:06 AM
good luck getting it to chirp, turn off the elecronics (t/c) and stand on it, the only thing that will happen is frying those ps2's well into 2nd.

What he said.

Mine roast 2nd with traction control on!!

Vrocks
09-27-10, 10:49 AM
It depends on the road, weather and what you're doing. On a good road in warm (80F+) weather my V will squirm a bit after going into 2nd - driving in a straight line. When it's cold (<40F) I've had it break free at 65mph+ during a WOT lane change on the highway.