: Anyone know if its possible to bypass electric cooling fans

snzuloz
09-16-10, 11:30 PM
Anyone aware of any way to bypass the cooling fan(s) operation other than switching it by the ecm? Would like to be able to have a manual switch operation to be able to cool the car down (the Turbo Buicks were easy) This is much more complicated. Someone must have crossed this path already...please chime in, thanks, Troy.

Domsz06
09-17-10, 08:11 AM
Your tunner can tune them to come on when ever you want.

Why do you want to turn them on manually? There is a point where the car can only get so cool, and then you will start throwing codes...

Ross L
09-17-10, 08:30 AM
and a switch to run the intercooler pump(without the motor running) for cooling when in the pits. Or, does it run when the switch is on?

snzuloz
09-17-10, 09:41 AM
Your tunner can tune them to come on when ever you want.

Why do you want to turn them on manually? There is a point where the car can only get so cool, and then you will start throwing codes...

Want to be able to cooldown the car without it running (in the pits), get rid of some excess heat, these cars take forever to cooldown I found out.
The intercooler pump is also a great idea having it come on as well to get some circulation in that system.

I'm sure codes would only come if operating temps aren't met after a certain duration.

chrswk
09-17-10, 09:58 AM
Would love to have a switch for the rear diff cooler, too.

Domsz06
09-17-10, 10:36 AM
Want to be able to cooldown the car without it running (in the pits), get rid of some excess heat, these cars take forever to cooldown I found out.
The intercooler pump is also a great idea having it come on as well to get some circulation in that system.

I'm sure codes would only come if operating temps aren't met after a certain duration.

ah cool yeah makes sense for sure.

There is a certain vendor with something in the works that should eliminate the heat soak issue :)

So stay tuned. :)

baabootoo
09-17-10, 02:38 PM
Just get yourself a 12 V fan (or park near an outlet at the track), and cool the SC hat. That will make the most difference! When I saw a 40 HP difference after doing this, on a dyno, I'm sold! That's what I'll be doing next month.

Ross L
09-17-10, 07:10 PM
bag of ice should cool it off nicely at the track :-) Now, combine bag-o-ice with manual control of fans and the intercooler pump. Should be good for one awesome pass.

Domsz06
09-30-10, 08:58 AM
guys you should look into this gauge.

It gives you any reading you could want as long as the ecu gets it, and then you can buy the accessory that allows you to turn the fans on and off etc....

I think I'm going to get one, brother has one and it's sweet!!!

Let me know what you guys think.

aeroforcetech.com

Domsz06
10-01-10, 11:39 AM
They are gonna make a plate with the V logo it looks like.

Talking with them right now. Can't wait.

wait4me
10-01-10, 03:26 PM
Just dump a ground to the relay trigger for the fans, It is a simple one wire thing to do. When it gets ground it kicks on the relay. Under the hood.

BLitzkrieg
10-05-10, 08:11 PM
In HP Tuners there is a portion for fans operation when the engine is off. You can specify a target temp and maximum runtime in seconds. At the same time I noticed that the intercooler pump runs for the same runtime specified in that section.:cool2: