: Betcha my Fleetwood is bigger 'n yours...

JimHare
09-16-10, 09:28 PM
And it's got a Tonawanda 454...

http://www.jmhare.com/misc_images/Bounder1.JPG

Just picked it up the other day - my wife's brother had it in Florida for a few months, he moved up here, decided he didn't need it anymore, and whammo...

Doesn't ride like the Eldo, but then again it sleeps six..:thumbsup:

It took me three hours today to wash the roof, the front end, and one side of it. Don't even want to think about waxing it.. lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-16-10, 09:39 PM
Awesome! Gonna take a guess, but what is that? Like a 1989?

Show some interior pics! :)

Jesda
09-16-10, 10:01 PM
Any blood stains?

orconn
09-16-10, 10:02 PM
Closer than you think! The interior simulated wood grain panneling was probably made by Fleetwood Enterprises the premier supplier if this panneling the RV industry.

Between the sloop and the RV it looks like you are not going to be spending much time at home!

JimHare
09-17-10, 09:43 AM
Awesome! Gonna take a guess, but what is that? Like a 1989?

Show some interior pics! :)

Not a bad guess - Delivered Aug 1987, registered as a 1988 MY.

The interior is typical mid-80s grungy. The guy who sold it to my BIL kept it stored under some trees for 10 months of the year. It's been Florida-owned for at least the last 10 years.

JimHare
09-17-10, 09:44 AM
Any blood stains?

None yet, but give me time.

CIWS
09-17-10, 09:53 AM
That looks really similar to the one Walt uses to cook Meth in.

http://theclubatcapecod.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/450breaking_bad_01.jpg

Destroyer
09-17-10, 11:55 PM
And it's got a Tonawanda 454...

http://www.jmhare.com/misc_images/Bounder1.JPG

Just picked it up the other day - my wife's brother had it in Florida for a few months, he moved up here, decided he didn't need it anymore, and whammo...

Doesn't ride like the Eldo, but then again it sleeps six..:thumbsup:

It took me three hours today to wash the roof, the front end, and one side of it. Don't even want to think about waxing it.. lolReminds me of this:

CadillacCastle
09-18-10, 11:57 AM
that's a good looking motorhome. What is the market value from what you have seen them selling for? I would like an older one like yours.

V-Eight
09-18-10, 01:58 PM
Any blood stains?

or bullet holes?

JimHare
09-25-10, 03:08 PM
that's a good looking motorhome. What is the market value from what you have seen them selling for? I would like an older one like yours.

A lot depends on the condition and mileage, and WHERE the RV is, but the insurance guy is covering it for $12,500. We got it for half that, so I can't really complain.

Playdrv4me
09-25-10, 04:31 PM
If there are no leaks on it then cherish that puppy. The cosmetics are an easy, if somewhat time consuming fix, but once they start leaking it can be a royal BITCH to track down, tear down, and repair the leaks, along with any potential damage underneath. It doesn't look like there are any slide-outs so that's a big help. I think water intrusion is the number one thing that does older RVs and travel trailers in.

JimHare
09-29-10, 11:16 AM
If there are no leaks on it then cherish that puppy. The cosmetics are an easy, if somewhat time consuming fix, but once they start leaking it can be a royal BITCH to track down, tear down, and repair the leaks, along with any potential damage underneath. It doesn't look like there are any slide-outs so that's a big help. I think water intrusion is the number one thing that does older RVs and travel trailers in.

Exactly right. No Sliders. There is a seam separation at the right-rear but I think I caught it in time and am going to be re-riveting it today. I checked inside at the corner there and it appears OK - no evidence of water either down the corner bead or at the floor. The rest of it is good. It appears that the previous +1 owner (not my BIL, who only had it for two months) was a nut when it came to silicone - it's everywhere. Kinda sloppy in spots but that can be cleaned up and trimmed.

My truck guy has had it for a few days - the RF caliper was stuck. He's replacing both front calipers, shaving the rotors if need be, and replacing all the belts (which is a PITA). This one has 4-wheel discs, which I suppose is good.

Here it is cleaned up a bit, and in the front yard. Note the pile of (formerly low-hanging) branches. I had to do a bit of forestry to keep the roof from scraping.. :bonkers:

http://www.jmhare.com/misc_images/Bounder2.jpg

Koooop
09-30-10, 02:01 AM
(v) "Recreational vehicle" has the same meaning as defined in Section 18010, but only if that vehicle is sited in a mobilehome park or special occupancy park.
(w) "Special occupancy park" has the same meaning as defined in Section 18862.43.
(x) "Storage site" means any property used for the storage of a hazardous chemical or methamphetamine that is prohibited by Section 11383.
(y) "Vehicle license stop" means the Department of Motor Vehicles is prohibited from renewing the registration of a vehicle, or from allowing the transfer of any title to, or interest in, that vehicle.
(z) "Warning" means a sign posted by the local health officer conspicuously on property where methamphetamine was manufactured or stored, informing occupants that hazardous chemicals exist on the premises and that entry is unsafe.

Can you get title?

JimHare
10-01-10, 09:34 PM
(v) "Recreational vehicle" has the same meaning as defined in Section 18010, but only if that vehicle is sited in a mobilehome park or special occupancy park.
(w) "Special occupancy park" has the same meaning as defined in Section 18862.43.
(x) "Storage site" means any property used for the storage of a hazardous chemical or methamphetamine that is prohibited by Section 11383.
(y) "Vehicle license stop" means the Department of Motor Vehicles is prohibited from renewing the registration of a vehicle, or from allowing the transfer of any title to, or interest in, that vehicle.
(z) "Warning" means a sign posted by the local health officer conspicuously on property where methamphetamine was manufactured or stored, informing occupants that hazardous chemicals exist on the premises and that entry is unsafe.

Can you get title?

I have a feeling some of you guys are referring to a movie or whatnot with which I am not familiar... :)

Koooop
10-02-10, 12:13 AM
Nah, just legal mumbojumbo.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-03-10, 11:50 PM
Is the motor mounted up front under the driver's seat? Is it easy to access?

JimHare
08-07-11, 01:26 AM
Thread Resurrection Department here...

1) Yes, motor is up front. Typical late 80s 454 - carb'ed.
2) After nearly a year, only minor problems - rusty front power steps, niggly little electrical glitches. Took it on three day trips so far, no real worries. Had to replace the dash instrument cluster ($50 from a salvage yard), so I picked up 8,000 miles over night..lol

I got a high-temp insulation kit from JC Whitney and re-did the inside/underside of the 'dog house' - that's the bulge over the engine up between the two forward seats, and the compartment the generator sits in. Much less heat now from the monster under the floor, and a bit quieter even.

It sat over the winter with no problems, and then in the spring I washed it again, and found out about a hugely improved way to 'wax' the big beast. There's a product at Lowes called Red Max Pro, a floor finish used for large-scale, industrial type floor cleaning and polishing. (Kinda like Mop'n'Glow on steroids). $15.00 for the gallon. Four quick, easy coats on the fiberglass front, rear and sides, and she looks brand new. This stuff has become the rage of all the RV, fiberglass trailer, and boat forums.

It's really nice driving a vehicle with it's own on-board toilet too.. :)

2005CTS-V
08-08-11, 02:46 PM
What a difference after cleaning it! Can I borrow it for the weekend :)