: New here; own a 1978 Eldorado Biarritz

eldofanatic
09-16-10, 08:22 PM
Hello,

I am the VERY proud owner of a beautiful, Cotillion White 1978 Eldorado Biarritz with the glass sunroof.

A little over 2 years ago, I was totally seduced by this beauty when I spotted it in a local shopping center parking lot with a For Sale on it.

It has been quite a journey since then, and today, my "Elvis" (I named it Elvis after Elvis Presley) is my pride and my joy.

It is our only car--I drive it every day.

I was very lucky in that my car has no rust at all, as far as I can tell; except, of course, in the area that all '77s and '78s are afflicted by rust: underneath the padded roof, seeping out just a little so it can be seen.

I have done a lot to improve the car, but much needs to be done. There's a lot of little cosmetic "issues," like, the front leather seats should be replaced...and that rust problem I spoke of, under the padded roof. I hesitate to spend any more of my limited funds right now on any non-essential beauty improvements...I am always afraid that something really big mechanically will go wrong.

Everywhere I go with Elvis, heads turn, thumbs go up and people smile. This is what I enjoy the most, aside from the sheer pleasure of driving the last big Eldorado.

I would very much enjoy talking to other owners of the 1977 and 1978 Eldorados.