: Whew! Cadi was in the garage!

EcSTSatic
09-16-10, 10:31 AM
We had a huge storm producing tornadoes and hail yesterday. Luckily the cars were safely inside! Other folks didn't fair so well.
You can see the hailstone slideshow here (http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/Large-hail-hits-western-Sedgwick-County/rf6r2QeFr0eBDPT80qAhxA.cspx):

Stingroo
09-16-10, 10:37 AM
Holy shit that's some of the biggest hail I've EVER seen!

ga_etc
09-16-10, 10:41 AM
Wow. Glad the car was safely put away. Nothing will destrory a car quite like Hail. Especially stuff that size.

Stingroo
09-16-10, 01:34 PM
I wonder how many people woke up that morning to cars that were totaled by their insurance. Glad it doesn't hail very often (if ever) in Florida! I only remember it happening once, and the hail stones were smaller than dimes.

Jesda
09-16-10, 05:05 PM
Damn!

Playdrv4me
09-16-10, 05:18 PM
Ahh Wichita, gotta love the storm season(s). My brother texted me about this last night... "Golf hail in Wichita fu**!"

I hope the Jeep got covered.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-16-10, 09:06 PM
Crazy! We got some storms here last night. Nothing as severe directly in the Twin Cities region, but further out west, near South Dakota, there were tornadoes and hail. It's just odd to see it so late in the season, and it wasn't even that warm yesterday.

77CDV
09-17-10, 02:42 AM
Yikes! Gotta love the Midwest. At least the weather is never boring. Lethal, maybe, but never boring.

ecko510
09-17-10, 02:47 AM
I know this is odd how can i post something

gdwriter
09-17-10, 02:49 AM
Yikes! Gotta love the Midwest. At least the weather is never boring. Lethal, maybe, but never boring.:yeah:

I'll take boring Pacific Northwest rain over holding a mattress over your head in the hallway with hail coming down and sirens going off any day.

greencadillacmatt
09-17-10, 03:17 AM
:yeah:

I'll take boring Pacific Northwest rain over holding a mattress over your head in the hallway with hail coming down and sirens going off any day.

It's quite the experience. I've never actually been tornadoed upon, but they have certainly come close. Hiding in the basement with a mattress is better than riding that mattress out through the hole that used to be your roof.

iowasevillests
09-17-10, 10:29 PM
:yeah:

Nah give me midwest "If you're tired of the weather stick around a day, it'll change" any day. Nothing like having a beautiful summer day change in a matter of hours to a strange reddish/green color sky then go out and spot for tornadoes, then the following day will be beautiful(which helps when you have a mess to clean up!).

77CDV
09-17-10, 11:21 PM
It's quite the experience. I've never actually been tornadoed upon, but they have certainly come close. Hiding in the basement with a mattress is better than riding that mattress out through the hole that used to be your roof.

Toto, come back!!!!!

Jesda
09-17-10, 11:41 PM
I was so bored with PNW weather. I loved the beautiful mild summers, but winter was long and dreary and the type of rain there is the annoying type. It shows up, lingers for a long time, makes things damp, and goes away. Like God took the region and turned it into a big wet towel. Winter in Washington made me want to hang myself. Its the kind of mind-altering depressing weather that makes you want to cuddle up with a mediocre but available girl you would have otherwise brushed off during the clear-headed summer months.

I'd rather see trees falling and clouds funneling. I want a drama. I also could never live in Florida -- I need snow. A brief winter is the reset button that forces people to go into hibernation, contemplate their existence, and start fresh in the spring. Without winter, people go nuts and act like Californians.

hueterm
09-17-10, 11:56 PM

At least you have a basement......how about hiding in your closet w/your clothes on top of you..... Or in your laundry room hoping that if you don't get sucked out the roof, that when the roof caves in, the washer and dryer help break the fall instead of your head doing so....

iowasevillests
09-18-10, 01:15 AM
Without winter, people go nuts and act like Californians.

My vote for quote of the day

Stingroo
09-18-10, 01:16 AM
I take offense to that, Jesda. I am not a Californian. I have a soul.

(Sorry Craig.)

EcSTSatic
09-20-10, 10:06 AM
Looks like we may have a new record hailstone in Kansas (yeah, that's what we do when we aren't sitting on the porch with a bug zapper and a 6-pack). 1.1 pounds and has a circumference of 15.5 inches weighed 15 hours after it fell. Imagine the updrafts it took to keep this thing in the air!

[http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-09/149254120-16122638.jpg

Jesda
09-20-10, 12:43 PM
I take offense to that, Jesda. I am not a Californian. I have a soul.

(Sorry Craig.)

I drink your milkshake!

Stingroo
09-20-10, 02:28 PM
I drink your milkshake!

...What?

ga_etc
09-20-10, 03:11 PM
He drink your milkshake. Can't you read you silly no-winter Floridian? :hide:

Jesda
09-20-10, 05:55 PM
...What?

You should see There Will Be Blood at least once. :)

orconn
09-20-10, 06:04 PM
Looks like we may have a new record hailstone in Kansas (yeah, that's what we do when we aren't sitting on the porch with a bug zapper and a 6-pack). 1.1 pounds and has a circumference of 15.5 inches weighed 15 hours after it fell. Imagine the updrafts it took to keep this thing in the air!

Looks like a piece of Superman's droke off and fell in Iowa!

ben.gators
09-20-10, 10:06 PM

Wow, forget the cars, it can even kill a man if hits the head!