http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhdsqZlpEw&feature=related

Click watch on youtube for video

gornati
09-16-10, 07:24 AM
nice...
good old days...

outsider
09-16-10, 08:32 AM
:D loved watching that video...ah the 70's must have been a magical time...buy a brand new Cadillac for about $10,000...

The-Dullahan
09-16-10, 11:50 AM
While I was clearly supposed to be born far earlier than the last few centuries, if I HAD to be born late, why wasn't I around for the sixties and seventies?

MudAnt
09-16-10, 07:38 PM
I wonder if they're loaded with all of Cadillac's famous power accessories plus air conditioning?

outsider
09-16-10, 09:34 PM
I wonder if they're loaded with all of Cadillac's famous power accessories plus air conditioning?

I didn't hear anything about it in the video...:thepan:

77CDV
09-17-10, 01:26 AM
:D loved watching that video...ah the 70's must have been a magical time...buy a brand new Cadillac for about $10,000...

Just remember that back then most people were doing well to make $10,000-$15,000 a year. A new house was only about $24,000 or less in most parts of the country.

While I was clearly supposed to be born far earlier than the last few centuries, if I HAD to be born late, why wasn't I around for the sixties and seventies?

So you could miss Vietnam, Watergate, two gas crises, and the Carter presidency. Oh, and you also missed wide-lapelled, bell-bottomed polyester leisure suits in unnatural colors and platform shoes. Notice how Monty Hall's suits get louder and louder as the 70s wear on.

The-Dullahan
09-19-10, 10:32 PM
So you could miss Vietnam, Watergate, two gas crises, and the Carter presidency. Oh, and you also missed wide-lapelled, bell-bottomed polyester leisure suits in unnatural colors and platform shoes. Notice how Monty Hall's suits get louder and louder as the 70s wear on.

Yeah, but it would be worth it. I could deal with gas, war, a poor presidency and I already THRIVE on poor fashion.

then again, if I was alive in such an era, I'd have probably tried getting a good late 50's Cadillac.

77CDV
09-20-10, 12:23 AM
You really don't want to know how dirt cheap 50s cars, including Cadillacs, were in the 1970s. At the time, they were just 20 year old used cars, and could be had for literally a couple hundred bucks, and sometimes less than that.

And, I'd have a hard time imagining you in anything other than a kilt. It really does suit you.