: ok still have stumble, error codes, between 900-1500 rpm

cl1986
09-15-10, 09:01 PM
above 1500 she purs like a kitten, ya this is my 94 eldo base model

heres what happened, i did drive through 4-5" of water on interstate about two weeks earlier then...

Just out of the blue i started getting rough idle, almost die, high idle problems.

I checked codes

PO23 Electronic Spark Timing (EST) Signal problem [EGR]

PO25 (Ignition Control Module) 24x Reference Low Indicator

PO83 Crankshaft to Ignition Module Failure

Where should i start at?

runs fine for a awhile then does it agian, under throttle there are no issues

K

So now i have swapped coil packs and ig module as a package, came from my 94 sls.

I have checked all those connectors for water.

Also checked battery cables at alt and at battery, no issues.

I just put a new crankshaft sensor in the lower hole, didnt help, put the used one from the lower hole in the upper hole. Still stumbling......

The funny thing is when the service soon light is on, it purs like a kitten again.

Now what????

themadjackel
01-11-11, 12:41 PM
im having the same problem...94 deville 4.9.......did you fix it and what did you do?

cl1986
01-12-11, 09:37 PM
it still does this to me, only thing i can think of is the main power or something running to the fuse block from the battery, i have the one off my sls, havent had time to change it or maybe ill run dual lines over to the fuse block, when i hit my brakes or even tap them it dims my headlights, its done that ever since i got the car about 6 years ago

themadjackel
03-07-11, 11:48 AM
well i changed the distributor,wires,rotor, spark plugs, distributor cap,and coils and now have high idle when i first crank it in the morning then it smooth out. then after driving about half a mile it sputters. it shows no codes checked fuses im bout to give up

Ranger
03-07-11, 11:56 AM
Have you ruled out fuel pressure?

themadjackel
03-08-11, 05:51 PM
Have you ruled out fuel pressure?

well i tweeked the timing a little, the sputter is very light...gonna change the fuel filter, the fuel pump sounds strong, im thinking the distributor i bought from autozone......i know....... may be faulty
seems like when the car warms up thats when it sputters a little