: Donut Spare Tire

rchern
09-15-10, 07:03 PM
On Cadillac's website they don't show the donut spare tire as an option although I contacted Cadillac by clicking on the little box that say's that you can chat with a representative and they told me that it is an option. Can anyone confirm that for me? If it is available, can you tell me exactly where it's located in the car and what the price is? Thanks in advance for any help.

RightTurn
09-15-10, 10:08 PM
On Cadillac's website they don't show the donut spare tire as an option although I contacted Cadillac by clicking on the little box that say's that you can chat with a representative and they told me that it is an option. Can anyone confirm that for me? If it is available, can you tell me exactly where it's located in the car and what the price is? Thanks in advance for any help.

There is a storage bin under the floor behind the back seat. The bin can be removed and the donut spare is put there. The spares are available from any Cadillac dealer parts department or from Lindsay Cadillac (forum vendor). I can't remember what I paid, but I'm thinking around $300. There is a thread here someplace so you might do a search.

Smokin' SRX
09-15-10, 11:18 PM
RighTurn nailed it. Mine just cam in!

I too started a thread w/o realizing a much older one existed. I afterwards found it and I reference it here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/209532-ordered-mini-spare-tire.html#post2350817

Probably should not re-hash it all here again. Best to revert to existing threads for benefit of all.

SS

meaninc
09-16-10, 08:45 AM
I asked the dealership last week when I was in for service. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was over $400 for the entire kit. I just want the tire. I am going to get the part number and see if I can get it elsewhere because I don't think cadillac sells the tire outside of the kit. I only need the tire when I'm travelling out of town. I really don't want to lose out on the added cargo space I get from not having the tire kit installed.

morven39
09-16-10, 10:48 AM
I didn't want the kit either. Just wanted a spare. Odered the tire from Maxxis which they say is the one supplied to Cadillac for the kit. Number for the 18" donut tire is - T135/70R18 104M M9500N OEM Maxxis. I contacted Brad Barrett, Materials Control Manager, at 678-407-6734 to place the order. Tire was shipped immediately by UPS. Got my dealer to order the 18" donut wheel, #9597421, and had tire mounted. I tried the assembled donut for fit and it fit perfectly. I don't know if Maxxis has the other sizes, 20 inch, etc., but Brad will know. I told him that others from the forum might be contacting him. I will use the box that the tire was shipped in to store the tire when taking long trips. It will only take up a space of about 28"X28"X5" and I will still have the storage underneath which would be lost with the kit. Hope this helps.

meaninc
09-16-10, 03:51 PM
morven39 thanks so much. That's good news. I also have the luxury model so the 18" will do just fine. I will be calling soon. I will need the tire for my road trip to NC in December.

rdracer126
09-18-10, 08:01 AM
I didn't want the kit either. Just wanted a spare. Odered the tire from Maxxis which they say is the one supplied to Cadillac for the kit. Number for the 18" donut tire is - T135/70R18 104M M9500N OEM Maxxis. I contacted Brad Barrett, Materials Control Manager, at 678-407-6734 to place the order. Tire was shipped immediately by UPS. Got my dealer to order the 18" donut wheel, #9597421, and had tire mounted. I tried the assembled donut for fit and it fit perfectly. I don't know if Maxxis has the other sizes, 20 inch, etc., but Brad will know. I told him that others from the forum might be contacting him. I will use the box that the tire was shipped in to store the tire when taking long trips. It will only take up a space of about 28"X28"X5" and I will still have the storage underneath which would be lost with the kit. Hope this helps.
How much did it cost for just the tire and wheel??

morven39
09-18-10, 08:41 AM
Tire was $70.00 plus S/H and tax - total of $86.43. Wheel was $115.

stevec5375
09-18-10, 10:54 AM
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought, "Hmmm.... What has a buldging waistline got to do with cars? ":histeric:

RippyPartsDept
09-18-10, 10:58 AM
there is a factory option (mainly for fleet cars like rentals) that has the spare and not the inflator kit
if you want your srx to be converted over as if it came from the factory that way there is a kit to do this (it is a bit expensive though - around $450 or so i think)
if anyone is interested i can dig up the particulars

RightTurn
09-19-10, 03:49 AM
Tire was $70.00 plus S/H and tax - total of $86.43. Wheel was $115.

Morven--I have to ask...are you in Brooks County??

morven39
09-19-10, 09:59 AM
Yes I am. Where are you located?

RightTurn
09-19-10, 08:03 PM
Yes I am. Where are you located?

I'm in Houston, TX...but I was born in Berrien County GA. I was there 2 months ago to visit my sister. (Almost missed the peaches in Barney!!!)

grandpa
12-08-10, 07:48 PM
Thanks Morven39 for info. I bought tire and rim and had Mavis Tire Center put them together for $10. I want to stow the spare in the rear well but have trouble removing the styrofoam insert. I have the trox screw out but cannot remove the insert. Anyone out there know what else could be holding it?