: I got a quote on a 3M clear bra today... wowser.

e6t
09-14-10, 07:28 PM
$800.

They do the front of the car 24" up the hood and fenders and the mirrors...

is that what you guys are paying?

dvandentop
09-14-10, 07:35 PM
i bought the kit and did it myself for about $250 included full bumper cover too. not your typical novice install though

LFTW8S
09-14-10, 08:02 PM
$800.

They do the front of the car 24" up the hood and fenders and the mirrors...

is that what you guys are paying?

Paid $695 for the following:

Entire front bumper (not an easy job)
36" up hood with matching sides fenders
side view mirrors
all door handles
rear bumper to protect against putting stuff in the trunk

It's the 3M film with lifetime warranty against anything/everything.

Guy did a good job.

neuronbob
09-14-10, 08:29 PM
I sure hope that's 800 Canadian dollars. (oh wait, US and Canadian dollars are now on par!)

I paid $600 just for what you describe, and another $200 to cover the rocker panels and the rear bumper deck by the trunk.

Where are you? I'm sure the cost varies from state to state.

cbloveday
09-14-10, 08:34 PM
$600 was my quote. Friend on the modernmuscleforums.com. He does the local BMW and Cadillac dealerships. He did my BMW M6
His name is steve and goes by Face77
Give him a pm and see if he knows anyone local to you.

PremierJosh
09-14-10, 08:40 PM
If the installer is amazing I would be fine paying $800 compared to a average guy @ $600. Look at some of his work and look around the fog lights and any other tight curve. Check for little pockets in the bra.

e6t
09-14-10, 09:03 PM
this guy:

http://www.superiorconcepts.net/

lawnstripes
09-14-10, 09:07 PM
i bought the kit and did it myself for about $250 included full bumper cover too. not your typical novice install though

What/ Where.... did you get the kit?
thanks

garfin
09-14-10, 09:57 PM
What/ Where.... did you get the kit?
thanks

PM sent. Not sure if I can post stuff from non-sponsors

Best regards,

Elie

M-1028
09-14-10, 10:21 PM
DANG!! The quote I got was $350 installed. 3m, 7 year warranty, whole front bumper and 12" up the hood.

Domsz06
09-15-10, 08:12 AM
it's all in the install let me tell you. I have paid 2000 for full front coverage on my audi S5, but the installer is rock solid. When I had to have some redone due to hitting a cooler the guy did a freaking awful job. Make sure you see his work and in person. These cars are not easy to do with all the hard angles. I'd for sure pay 800 for a good job as opposed to save a buck. If it's a bad job you will hate it and it will make your car look like crap.

dqw1
09-15-10, 09:30 AM
I think that price is in the ballpark. I recall paying about $725-750. It's worth doing even at that price.

Domsz06
09-15-10, 09:52 AM
If you buy your car new and the installer is good then you will love it. I had it done on my z06 and it's amazing.

I didn't do it on my v since I haven't found a good installer around here I like and also I'm torn on which I hate worse, the paint chips or the torn look of the clear bra....

there was already a few chips on mine since I bought it used so I opted not to do it, maybe I'll regret it.... idk...

Nine Ball
09-15-10, 10:50 AM
I bought kits from cleardefender.com and installed them myself. You will need a LOT of patience to do this, it can be very tedious and frustrating. I've done a few cars now, the CTS-V was by far the most difficult. Figure about 8 hours at least to install it properly. Houston area places typically charge $800-1000 installed.

Dom, I did the wife's Audi S5 in about 4 hours. One of the easiest cars ever to do. You got ripped at $2K! Ouch.

Tony

Domsz06
09-15-10, 11:01 AM
I bought kits from cleardefender.com and installed them myself. You will need a LOT of patience to do this, it can be very tedious and frustrating. I've done a few cars now, the CTS-V was by far the most difficult. Figure about 8 hours at least to install it properly. Houston area places typically charge $800-1000 installed.

Dom, I did the wife's Audi S5 in about 4 hours. One of the easiest cars ever to do. You got ripped at $2K! Ouch.

Tony

well the whole front end of the car was done and all the tail lights were tinted and the side markers too.

Welcome to Cali Prices. I mean everything on the front of the car that faced forwards, including the windsheild. and 200 for tint, so I guess it wasn't quite 2k.

PhxTriode
09-15-10, 11:28 AM
$1200 for 100% hood, fenders, headlights and mirrors with 5 year repaint warranty

M-1028
09-15-10, 12:04 PM
I would trust the place that gave me the low quote. It's a local sign shop, I've seen some of there complete wraps on a couple trucks and the work looks solid.

baabootoo
09-15-10, 02:20 PM
Ouch!

shade
09-16-10, 05:40 PM
$2200 Full wrap.
I initially tried to do it myself but said F this, didnt look as good as I wanted. Everytime I buy a car going forward the first thing done will be a full wrap. No more worries about paint chips.

Front fascia/front fenders/full hood(2 piece)/headlights/sunroof/mirrors/rockers/doors front and back/rear fenders/trunk lid/bumper top

Guy did a good job and most had to be cut by hand except front fascia, mirrors and rockers

The good 3m stuff.

http://www.autobahntint.com/

The caddy is representing as 'car of the month'

LFTW8S
09-16-10, 06:14 PM
Is anyone getting the entire hood done with one piece of film?

PremierJosh
09-16-10, 10:07 PM
Mine is getting the complete front done this Monday, I'll let you guys know if it is 1 or 2 peices. Shade did you have the complete rear fenders done or? Do you have a pic of the rear?

Domsz06
09-17-10, 08:13 AM
If the installer has the correct brand of film they can do the hood in one piece. They now can do z06's in one piece so they can do the v in one piece. Just talk to them. Some won't buy the bigger stock, so you might want to tell them you don't want it in two pieces. On my z I had to have it done in 2, but it's right up by the corners of the hood, so it doesn't look bad, most people don't even see it.

shade
09-17-10, 01:38 PM
Dom is right the installer needs to get the bigger sheets but some dont. My guy didnt buy those huge sheets so he did it in 2 pieces and the lines meet right in the middle of the hood. You can barely tell.
I like this method as well if one side gets damaged by a rock you dont have to replace the whole thing gaain just one side.
I had the entire rear fenders done. Ill try and get some pics up but I do have to say - spend the wad of cash and get that paint protected.
We all know GM didnt have chips in mind when laying down the paint.