: can anyone give me instuctions how to install new custom radio in"95 fleetwood???

faxafoli
09-14-10, 05:29 PM
it seems complicated. can anyone give me instuctions how to install new radio?? the car has originaly cassette player

thefleetwoodguy
09-14-10, 07:12 PM
it seems complicated. can anyone give me instuctions how to install new radio?? the car has originaly cassette player

all speaker wires are in the pass side rear q panel (receiver/amp)
you will need to run wiring to there to get it up and working,
its not that difficult, but since you sound unsure you may want to bring it to a radio place for instillation
you will also need an antenna cable long enough to go from the q panel to the
dash, I dont have the schematic here , but that would save you a bunch of time and headaches.....I think the factory amp has the wiring embossed into the metal cover,, so look there first.......

9ine3reefleet
09-14-10, 07:28 PM
fleetwoodguy is right and if you try to take it to get installed they will want extra because everything is in the trunk

CadillacPimpinNOLA
09-14-10, 10:31 PM
also if you want the deck to sit flush in the dash you have to cut the plastic panel behind the radio. all it does is hold up a wiring harness so dont cut through that. if you dont cut the panel the radio will bulge out the dash about 2" and looks really ghetto

Barrister_07101
09-15-10, 09:14 PM
Its not hard at all. You know its a double-din opening. You'll need the Metra Install Kit Mfr Part# 99-2003 as well as the Metra Tuner Relocation Kit Mfr Part# 70-1856. Thefleetwoodguys' notes are correct. Search this forum and you'll find threads about radios, speakers (front and rears and all sizes), fuses, wiring, Ohm and watts. I'm about to upgrade my second fleetwood. I'll post that when its actually done.

The-Dullahan
09-15-10, 11:41 PM
comment deleted