: 94 FWB - Trunk Pulldown - need one of these

425 Dual Quad
09-14-10, 05:40 PM
Guys,

Hi - I need one of these trunk pulldowns for my 94 Fleetwood Brougham.
I can't read the part number on the side any more and I think it's stopped working.

Why do these things always go on the fritz? This is the second time I've replaced the long solenoid in the trunk lids, the switch in teh trunklid and the gears in the motor. Now this seems to have gone sounth on both the '93 and the '94 Fleets - and I like my automatic pulldowns- it defines a Caddy!!

Do you know who stocks them on-line pelase?

Stingroo
09-14-10, 05:41 PM
Look up the trunk motor for a Town Car. It's the same one from what I've been told here.

425 Dual Quad
09-14-10, 05:48 PM
Look up the trunk motor for a Town Car. It's the same one from what I've been told here.
Stingroo,
Wow - quick reply!
I'm not sure. I've just managed to attach the pic I wanted to include in the original post but had to clear out all my attachments first.
I don't think a TC pulldown switch will be the same with the same paddle switch and conenctors on teh top - leastways the one in my '90 TC never struck me as being the same.

regards & thanks, Nick

(I'm not sure about these new light blue graphics boys!!)

Stingroo
09-14-10, 05:52 PM
Yeah, the forum skin is getting worked on little by little. :p It's a bit strange at first but I've grown used to it.

A quick google search has yielded this:

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Electrical/Cadillac/Brougham/1AZTM00001/335678?utm_source=google_base&utm_medium=comparisonshopping&utm_campaign=gb_api_br&year=1994&utm_content=ZTM

425 Dual Quad
09-14-10, 06:07 PM
Yes thanks Stingroo,
Close - this is the pulldown motor the paddle switch sits on top of that.
Thanks, Nick

Stingroo
09-15-10, 12:17 AM
More digging, looking for wagon stuff randomly, and I came across:

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=16640848

and

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=16889150&cat=35

Is the first link what you're after?

RippyPartsDept
09-15-10, 01:32 AM
pull-down switch
not very expensive at your local dealer
i can sell them at a bit of a discount

425 Dual Quad
09-21-10, 04:01 PM
Thanks Stingroo,

Part number is 16629927. I've ordered it from RMS - and dang I just forgot I needed two!!

So hopefully we'll see how it goes when it gets here

regards, Nick

Stingroo
09-21-10, 04:15 PM
Glad I could help. :) You use your cars for limousine type service, right? How's that going?

425 Dual Quad
09-21-10, 05:58 PM
right - www.cadillacweddings.ie (http://www.cadillacweddings.ie)

Going terribly. Very little interest in them here. It definitely is a niche area but things v depressed in Ireland with wedding car hire. Unfortunately. Thanks for asking though.

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 09:50 AM
So what is it that goes wrong with these things? Mine is working intermittently. The motor is still good, so it has to be one of the two switches. Which one goes bad, or is it both?

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 04:17 PM
i only know of one switch... the pulldown switch (the one in the picture in post #1)

turbojimmy
10-05-10, 05:18 PM
i only know of one switch... the pulldown switch (the one in the picture in post #1)

There is one on the decklid and another on the pulldown mechanism (the "paddle" switch). I assume the latter is to stop it, and the former is to start the pulldown action. Yes?

425 Dual Quad
10-05-10, 06:26 PM
Yes I don't know whats up with them.
There is a spring loaded solenoid switch in the trunk lid that does the release, a small trigger switch on the latch on the trunk lid that initiates the pulldown once the trunk latches, the paddle switch that I think stops it when it gets in position, the nylon gears on the motor that can gets stripped.
I've replaced all the switches in the past 3 years on both of the cars, sprayed electrical switch cleaner in everything and cleaned all contacts. I did stop short of doing electrical circuit continuity testing and voltage testing ebcuase that's beyond me.
Last November I got fed up and disconnected the pulldown by removing the paddle switches from both cars so they just had a normal trunk operation but have now got motivated to fix them. I've been using Delco parts so who knows what is up!

If anyone who knows these things inside out can tell us I'm all ears ..........

regards, Nick

RippyPartsDept
10-05-10, 06:55 PM
like i said before the pulldown switch (paddle as you call it) is the most common failure - you can test it fairly easily, the instructions are on this forum somewhere (should be a tech tip, but might not be)

other than that a few times we've replaced the clear gear (pulldown gear?) on the inside of the mechanism
but more common than that (and much less common than the switch) a new pulldown motor assembly is needed

i can't recall ever replacing the latch (on the trunklid)

turbojimmy
03-12-11, 06:44 PM
like i said before the pulldown switch (paddle as you call it) is the most common failure - you can test it fairly easily, the instructions are on this forum somewhere (should be a tech tip, but might not be)

other than that a few times we've replaced the clear gear (pulldown gear?) on the inside of the mechanism
but more common than that (and much less common than the switch) a new pulldown motor assembly is needed

i can't recall ever replacing the latch (on the trunklid)

Ok. It took me a while, but I finally got to messin around with mine.

It was not until today that I realized that both switches in the picture from the OP are the same. It's the actuator switch. Can I get that switch separately (i.e., without the motor)?

I took mine out, drilled out the rivets, pried it apart, cleaned it and put it back together. It works!!! For now....I'd rather replace it if I can, but all I've been able to find on the 'Net is the entire motor/actuator assembly for $225. Too rich for my blood....

RippyPartsDept
03-13-11, 11:34 PM
the switch pictured in post #1 is available separate from the assembly.... PM me your VIN and i'll work a quote up for you

mojazz1231
04-24-11, 08:58 PM
I f you have a Pull Apart in your area try finding one there. Very cost effective. You should be able to use one from 93 to 96