: Random Moving Side Mirror

cazzara02
09-14-10, 11:48 AM
The past few days I have noticed that the drivers side mirror has moved. I have to reset it every morning. Has this happened to anyone else?

GMJim
09-14-10, 12:27 PM
The mirror itself, or the whole mirror assembly?

cazzara02
09-14-10, 12:41 PM
Just the mirror.

KevinOpp
09-15-10, 12:27 AM
in the beginning i had some issues where i couldn't quite get the mirror to go where i wanted it to. after a few days of this, i hit the down button to fold them in, and then opened that back up. as they were opening, there was a distinct shift in the mirror that i was having issues with as it "popped" back into place. no trouble since then.

dunno if that's your situation, but at least try automatically folding them in and back out to see if it may correct the problem.

KevinOpp
09-15-10, 12:28 AM
and one other thought--you do know the sideview mirrors are controlled along with the seat and pedals in the memory settings, right? just making sure that it's just not someone else mucking with your memory switches.

in this line of thinking, it's also good to remember the key fobs can be programmed to remember which fob goes with which memory position. perhaps if you're unlocking with the fob in the AM, you're inadvertantly shiftting the mirror back to a setting that was made a while ago? why don't you watch the mirror as you unlock with the fob and see if it's moving.

pastohio
09-25-10, 10:32 AM
Are you sure that the keyfobs can change seats and mirrors ?? I thought you have to hold the seat button to move the seats !!

KevinOpp
09-25-10, 01:12 PM
Are you sure that the keyfobs can change seats and mirrors ?? I thought you have to hold the seat button to move the seats !!

yes. from 2-5 of the owner's manual:

Entering the vehicle using the
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
transmitter with the remote recall
feature activated in Vehicle
Personalization automatically
adjusts the seat, mirrors and pedals,
if available. There is no adjustment
when the position has not been
changed by another seating
position.

When the remote recall feature is
on, the seat, mirror and pedal
position, if available, will be stored
when the ignition is turned to OFF.
It is stored according to the RKE
transmitter used to start the vehicle.

To stop recall movement of the RKE
remote recall feature, press one of
the power seat controls, memory
buttons, or power mirror buttons.
Memory Seat recall may stop if
the seat is blocked. Remove the
obstruction and then press the
memory button again. If the memory
function does not work properly, see
your dealer/retailer for service.

so, based on that, it is also possible to use the individual transmitters, one at a time, to have the memory seats/pedals/mirrors associated with that particular transmitter. my wife and i have done that; we're very diferent sizes, i'm #1 memory and she's #2. by doing the above steps with our individual keys, the seats/pedals/mirrors are now saved to know which position to go to depending on which key is being used to open the door/start the car.

KevinOpp
09-25-10, 01:19 PM
actually, i would strongly suggest looking at this post from way back when on this forum---it goes more into depth, and also discusses some conflicting settings which may not allow the aforementioned system to work.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/188602-srx-seat-memory.html