: Order Status 1100 - How long till I get my V?

jmskinz
09-14-10, 05:10 AM
I ordered my V two weeks ago and can't wait to get it! I checked on the Camerotracking site and it is at order status 1100. Does anybody know the timeline until I recieve my new baby?

hulksdaddy
09-14-10, 10:21 AM
I ordered my V two weeks ago and can't wait to get it! I checked on the Camerotracking site and it is at order status 1100. Does anybody know the timeline until I recieve my new baby?

Depends. Usually, 6-8 weeks. Did you order a sunroof? If so, might push it back a bit. Currently sunroofs are on constraint.

Moceanu
09-14-10, 07:53 PM
I ordered mine July 16th and today my car was finished! Now all I have to do is wait for the transport. My dealer said its scheduled to arrive by the end of this month, but to basically add another month. :crying2:

jmskinz
09-15-10, 03:58 AM
Depends. Usually, 6-8 weeks. Did you order a sunroof? If so, might push it back a bit. Currently sunroofs are on constraint.

Yep, I did order a sunroof. Do you think the dealership didn't put the order in right away? I went back and looked at my order date at dealership and it was actually the 21st of August. I assumed it would be 6-8 weeks from that date?

jmskinz
09-15-10, 04:01 AM
I ordered mine July 16th and today my car was finished! Now all I have to do is wait for the transport. My dealer said its scheduled to arrive by the end of this month, but to basically add another month. :crying2:

Wow! So it is taking roughly 3 months to get our vehilces. OUCH. I guess it is going to be my Thanksgiving gift? SUCKS

baabootoo
09-15-10, 03:27 PM
Wow! So it is taking roughly 3 months to get our vehilces. OUCH. I guess it is going to be my Thanksgiving gift? SUCKS

Well B, you forgot about the holiday closures, lay-off days, furlough days, etc. I heard that the final inspectors are off from Nov. 1 until January 1 of 2011! The first car gets approved January 2nd then. :)

jft69z
09-15-10, 03:31 PM
Well B, you forgot about the holiday closures, lay-off days, furlough days, etc. I heard that the final inspectors are off from Nov. 1 until January 1 of 2011! The first car gets approved January 2nd then. :)

Happy New Year!!!

just kidding...

musclesbmf
09-15-10, 03:54 PM
Just because you order a car on a certain day doesnt mean much. GM still has to accept the order, etc. All that takes time.

Mark

hamta
09-15-10, 10:17 PM
Just because you order a car on a certain day doesnt mean much. GM still has to accept the order, etc. All that takes time.

Mark

It took 71 days from status 1100 to delivery in my case. I'm in the Fort Worth - Dallas area and I ordered my car with all options except the suede steering wheel and shifter and I have an auto. But as noted above options on constraint will play a role on delivery.

Good luck, regardless it's well worth the wait.

jmskinz
09-16-10, 12:03 AM
It took 71 days from status 1100 to delivery in my case. I'm in the Fort Worth - Dallas area and I ordered my car with all options except the suede steering wheel and shifter and I have an auto. But as noted above options on constraint will play a role on delivery.

Good luck, regardless it's well worth the wait.

I know it worth the wait but I guess i should've order earlier. I just checked today and my status changed to Order Broadcast (3400)? Not sure what that means but I sure hope it is done before holiday season starts! LOL

jft69z
09-16-10, 12:12 PM
I know it worth the wait but I guess i should've order earlier. I just checked today and my status changed to Order Broadcast (3400)? Not sure what that means but I sure hope it is done before holiday season starts! LOL

If you are looking at the camarotracking.com site, and have a 3400 status, there should be a date listed after the "notes" heading. That will be your target production week (TPW), this will be the actual week that your car is scheduled to be built.

Joe

khoeysr
09-16-10, 04:14 PM
Yeah, that's sweet. The next thing you will see will probably be 3800 Order Produced and the VIN. Good for you.

wfo
09-16-10, 05:01 PM
It's a wonder anyone makes money with how long it takes to produce a car. But then they probably share the production line time with other vehicles.

On the other hand it takes that and longer to get your Vette from Bowling Green and that's proprietary production building one of 4 model Vettes.

Take heart in knowing when you finally get it it will be worth the wait.

jmskinz
09-17-10, 01:30 AM
If you are looking at the camarotracking.com site, and have a 3400 status, there should be a date listed after the "notes" heading. That will be your target production week (TPW), this will be the actual week that your car is scheduled to be built.

Joe

Thanks Joe. 9/27 is the date, so I guess they will be building i that week. Do you have any idea once it is built how long it takes to actually receive the car?

Matt

jft69z
09-17-10, 09:06 AM
Thanks Joe. 9/27 is the date, so I guess they will be building i that week. Do you have any idea once it is built how long it takes to actually receive the car?

Matt

Well Matt,

It depends on how lucky you are. Some guys here had their cars built & delivered to the dealer in the same week. A few of us has the cars built & then they sat at the factory for 2 weeks waiting for transportation. Hopefully you will be in the first catagory.

Just for your info, once your car reaches 3800 status on camarotracking.com, it will also give you the car's VIN number. Unfortunately that is as far as you will be able to go with their site in regards to vehicle tracking. They (Camaro owners) have the ability to track all the way from start to delivery at your dealership. Caddy has no such method, and calling 1-800-caddy to get tracking info does absolutely nothing at all except raise your blood pressure.

The good news is the car is one hell of a machine and worth the wait, congratulations & good luck with your new toy.

Joe

jmskinz
09-18-10, 05:03 AM
Well Matt,

It depends on how lucky you are. Some guys here had their cars built & delivered to the dealer in the same week. A few of us has the cars built & then they sat at the factory for 2 weeks waiting for transportation. Hopefully you will be in the first catagory.

Just for your info, once your car reaches 3800 status on camarotracking.com, it will also give you the car's VIN number. Unfortunately that is as far as you will be able to go with their site in regards to vehicle tracking. They (Camaro owners) have the ability to track all the way from start to delivery at your dealership. Caddy has no such method, and calling 1-800-caddy to get tracking info does absolutely nothing at all except raise your blood pressure.

The good news is the car is one hell of a machine and worth the wait, congratulations & good luck with your new toy.

Joe

Thanks Joe! I can't wait! After test driving it time has slowed down and it seems like it is taking for ever. I will keep my fingers crossed and will update once I pick it up. Thanks again and happy motoring.

jmskinz
09-29-10, 03:26 AM
YES! Status update 3800 - Vehicle produced!!!! I can't wait to get my new ride! Does anybody know what the turn around time is once you get status 3800? I live out in California so I'm assuming the train takes a few days.

khoeysr
09-29-10, 02:36 PM
YES! Status update 3800 - Vehicle produced!!!! I can't wait to get my new ride! Does anybody know what the turn around time is once you get status 3800? I live out in California so I'm assuming the train takes a few days.

Nice. Congrats, you are gonna love it. New car pickup day is one of life's pleasures.

hamta
09-29-10, 06:43 PM
Nice. Congrats, you are gonna love it. New car pickup day is one of life's pleasures.

I live in the Fort Worth-Dallas area, so mine came by rail then local transport to the dealer. After 3800 status it took about 10 days. So it might be about that same timeframe to California give or take.

It's a long 10 days, but really worth the wait. Once you get it you'll forget all about the torture you went through waiting for it.

You're going to love this car.

Congrats,

Terry

jmskinz
09-30-10, 02:35 AM
I live in the Fort Worth-Dallas area, so mine came by rail then local transport to the dealer. After 3800 status it took about 10 days. So it might be about that same timeframe to California give or take.

It's a long 10 days, but really worth the wait. Once you get it you'll forget all about the torture you went through waiting for it.

Congrats,

Terry

Thanks everybody! I can't wait and I know it will be a long couple of weeks. OHhhhh well, thats what I get for ordering one to my liking. Will let you all know when I get it.

jmskinz
10-10-10, 10:28 AM

Congrats,

Terry

Well I picked it up yesterday!!! It took rougly 10 days from order status 3800 just like you said Terry. From order status 1100 it was roughly 4 weeks. WOW, what a car! I will get some pics up on the forum soon.