: Seattle Area Vs

Baxman
09-14-10, 12:12 AM
Reaching out to local V2 owners in the Seattle Area. I've seen just one "in the wild" in the past year. What do you have, and where are you? Dealership preferences (I switched from Bellevue to Doug's recently and the difference is striking!)?

My V is an '09 Thunder Gray, now with 18K miles. Live and work in Woodinvile.

Rick

SpeedRacer1
09-20-10, 02:22 AM
I just picked one up (2010) from Dougs about 2 months ago. Raven Black with the works. Has about 1100 miles on it so far. I live in Renton, work in Bellevue (travel 405 a lot).

I'm also Rick :)

BTW are there any clubs around here?

RapidRob
09-20-10, 07:13 PM
I took delivery of my black/manual at Doug's in March, 2009, but I live way south of there in Normandy Park, so have been getting service work done at Brotherton's in Renton. So far they have been good.

No clubs that I've heard about - hell, I haven't even seen another v2 since I bought mine, except at the dealer ... ! Haven't had much luck sorting out any local tuners either.

Good hearing from you guys ..

Rob

jetcityV
09-20-10, 08:50 PM
I guess there are only a few of us; I believe I've seen you're Thunder Gray V here in Woodinville, which is where I live also! Mine is an '09, Black, with 2K miles. Perhaps we could try to arrange a meet sometime. I also know of another guy with a black '09 identical to mine, who lives in Bothell. I purchased mine from McCann Motors down in Fife, since they we're the most accomodating of getting me the car I wanted as fast as they could....great people, but thus far, I'm servicing in Bellevue due to location.

Baxman
09-20-10, 09:30 PM
I just picked one up (2010) from Dougs about 2 months ago. Raven Black with the works. Has about 1100 miles on it so far. I live in Renton, work in Bellevue (travel 405 a lot).

I'm also Rick :)

BTW are there any clubs around here?

I'm not aware of any local clubs. I have been tracking my V at Pacific Raceways. In the begining (and even now) it's not about outright speed, but control, and learning the quickest line around the track. I usually run with the Porsche Club, but all the clubs -BMW, Porsche, Corvette, Alfa, etc - use common tech and training requirements, and event scheduling is through: http://www.motorsportreg.com/. It's great training and a lot of fun, and it would be great to not be the only Caddy out there!

Rick

Baxman
09-20-10, 09:39 PM
JCV: I think I saw you last week (175th & the Bike Trail). I saw a CTS ahead but couldn't get close enough to confirm that it was a V before I got stuck at a red. 3 Vs between Woodinville and Bothell? Very cool; I 'd love to meet sometime!

Rick

Stumeat
09-20-10, 10:59 PM
I also have a V from Doug's (Red '09). Had pretty good service so far. They have it right now replacing front rims due to click. I live in Everett and spend most of my time in the north end.

Stu

4gear70
09-21-10, 04:07 AM
I'm not aware of any local clubs. I have been tracking my V at Pacific Raceways. In the begining (and even now) it's not about outright speed, but control, and learning the quickest line around the track. I usually run with the Porsche Club, but all the clubs -BMW, Porsche, Corvette, Alfa, etc - use common tech and training requirements, and event scheduling is through: http://www.motorsportreg.com/. It's great training and a lot of fun, and it would be great to not be the only Caddy out there!

Rick

That's funny, who would of thought that Cadillac's and Porsches would one day be hanging out. I've tracked my car here at Mission Raceways with a friend who's in the local Porsche Club. I've been thinking of coming down to Pacific Raceways one day.. perhaps next year.
I've only ever seen 1 other V2 in town (a Black auto) but I don't he/she is on this forum.
Would be kinda nice to have a Northwest meet some day.

Baxman
09-23-10, 01:08 AM
That's funny, who would of thought that Cadillac's and Porsches would one day be hanging out. I've been thinking of coming down to Pacific Raceways one day.. perhaps next year.
Would be kinda nice to have a Northwest meet some day.

The V's performance at the track (even with a relative neophyte at wheel) really surprises the Porschephiles. As heavy as it is, the V doesn't corner as well, but so much power and torque, it accelerates out of the turns and down the straights with undeniable authority. The next track day @ Pacific is next Thursday, the 30th.

It would be fun to have a meet sometime, lining up 6 or 7 Vs (almost 4000 horsepower!). Dinner, cigars, and show & shine...

Rick

Busabob
09-23-10, 08:55 AM
I'm up there twice a year in the Edmonds Bowl (wife's family), but with out the V. Love the area, plan to spend 1/2 my time in Edmonds when I retire but that's another 12 years off (unfortunately).

SpeedRacer1
09-23-10, 08:01 PM
I'd be up for meeting up to see the V's of Washington :)