: weathertech mats; received today, terrible fitment on the front mats...

e6t
09-13-10, 08:24 PM
i've had several pair of weathertech mats. these are by far the worst fitting mats ive ever bought. the rears are perfect, the front are awful. the passenger mat is even worse than the driver mat. it looks like the passenger mat is about 2 inches too wide. the driver mat extends onto the dead pedal about 2 inches.

i called the place i bought them and they told me that wt mats are "semi-custom" fit and that they may need to be trimmed to fit. i responded that if they are cut, they lose the essence of their weathertech matness and would no longer hold rock or water or anything else.

does anyone else have these mats?

andrewperez
09-13-10, 10:17 PM
I have them as well. Exact same problem. When I spoke to them, they told me the front passenger side was suppose to run up the transmission tunnel. She didn't say much after I told her how disappointed I was that nearly 2 inches was "normal".

As for the drivers side, I was forced to trim it. It was getting caught on the clutch pedal......didn't want a Toyota type incident.

They're great for catching dirt, but horrible for fitment and appearance.

neuronbob
09-13-10, 10:29 PM
I have good fitment with my Weathertechs, which I purchased a year ago for winter use. Or at least that's what I recall, anyway, as I use the Lloyd V mats in the other three seasons. Sorry to hear you guys are having issues.

Short-Throw
09-14-10, 12:40 AM
I put Weathertech mats in my car on day one and use them all year round. They fit perfectly, front and rear.

Mike

e6t
09-14-10, 12:46 AM
I put Weathertech mats in my car on day one and use them all year round. They fit perfectly, front and rear.

Mike

This has been my experience with other cars. I thought that there may be a v specific mat but was told there wasn't.

Could you post a pic of your passenger mat where it meets the tunnel and of your driver mat where it meets the dead pedal and, if you have a manual, where it lays behind the clutch?

CodyLX450
09-14-10, 02:04 AM
Did you remove the stock mats or put the Weathertech mats on top of them?

I don't have any - but I do remember reading somewhere that it said you have to be sure to remove your stock mats...

neuronbob
09-14-10, 08:30 AM
When I get home from work, I'll put my Weathertechs in and snap a couple of pics to show fitment. If there's a part number on them, I'll share that as well so that you guys purchase the appropriate fitment. I believe Short-Throw has pics of his as well, but my forum memory could be mistaken.

lbenoit
09-14-10, 09:25 AM
I have the WeatherTech FloorLiner DigiFit mats and they fit very well. McNeil initially sent me the wrong set. I returned those and they sent me the correct set, which are apparently sized for the 2009 CTS-4 (AWD). I used them last winter and they provided excellent protection from snow, mud and salt.

dvandentop
09-14-10, 10:41 AM
mine fit great i got a jeep wrangler set the 1st time but the 2nd time they fit excellent no issues like you are stating

andrewperez
09-14-10, 10:42 AM
This has been my experience with other cars. I thought that there may be a v specific mat but was told there wasn't.

Could you post a pic of your passenger mat where it meets the tunnel and of your driver mat where it meets the dead pedal and, if you have a manual, where it lays behind the clutch?[/QUOTE]

Here are my mats. As you can see the passenger mat rides high on the tunnel and I had to trim the drivers side.

683386833768339683406834168342[QUOTE=e6t;2361959]

neuronbob
09-14-10, 12:20 PM
^^^^
You have different mats from me. I have the Weathertech Floorliner digital fit mats, which cover the entire floor and come up on the sides to hold in water/salt. Will take pics of what I have when I get home.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=790&Year=2009&VehOptChoiceIds=710

dfmacneil
09-14-10, 01:08 PM
Hello, I just want you to know that I am concerned about your WeatherTech floormats and that I want you as a satisfied customer. There has to be an issue here, as in you have the wrong mats, or the right mats for the wrong vehicle or something like that. Whatever it is, up to and including making a new mold for your car, I will do it. I do need some help though from you. 1) I need year, make and model. 2) What WeatherTech mats do you have? Floormats or our Floorliners? 3) Part numbers off of the bottom of the mats/liners. 4) Where did you buy them from? 5) Your name and contact info. Please email me back at dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Best regards,
David MacNeil, Founder/CEO
MacNeil Automotive Products Limited
dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Cell: 630.740.7500

e6t
09-14-10, 01:27 PM
Hello, I just want you to know that I am concerned about your WeatherTech floormats and that I want you as a satisfied customer. There has to be an issue here, as in you have the wrong mats, or the right mats for the wrong vehicle or something like that. Whatever it is, up to and including making a new mold for your car, I will do it. I do need some help though from you. 1) I need year, make and model. 2) What WeatherTech mats do you have? Floormats or our Floorliners? 3) Part numbers off of the bottom of the mats/liners. 4) Where did you buy them from? 5) Your name and contact info. Please email me back at dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Best regards,
David MacNeil, Founder/CEO
MacNeil Automotive Products Limited
dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Cell: 630.740.7500

wow.

i'd almost keep the mats simply because of this response.

i will put the mats in the car tonight and take pics and compare them to the other pics posted. i may be expecting the same kind of fitment that i have had on other cars and that may be too much to expect.

thanks for the response.

rjoffe
09-14-10, 01:47 PM
That's a very well received response from WeatherTech. Who tipped them off ?

Short-Throw
09-14-10, 01:53 PM
wow.

i'd almost keep the mats simply because of this response.

i will put the mats in the car tonight and take pics and compare them to the other pics posted. i may be expecting the same kind of fitment that i have had on other cars and that may be too much to expect.

thanks for the response.

I'm not surprised at David's response as I can vouch for him being a stand up guy and ensuring 100% satisfaction to all customers. Quite refreshing to see such effort from the top tier, certainly a rarity these days.

Mike

dfmacneil
09-14-10, 02:22 PM
Thank-you for your kind response. I checked with Engineering and what I found out is that our WeatherTech FloorLiners are a true perfect custom fit.

The floormat fit is as follows: "W93 LHS is custom for the CTS. There is a trim-able flap on the trans tunnel for the slight variation between AWD and RWD CTS’s.

The RHS will ride up slightly on the AWD and CTSV; it is a W11 RHS. We could make a mat with a flap or a trim off to achieve a better fitment for the RHS of all CTS’s."

Here's the plan gentlemen: before the month of October ends, we will have a new custom RHS mat in production per Engineering's recommendation as above. All CTS owners that are dissatisfied with their current RHS mat will have a new RHS mat sent to them at no charge. I take each and every customer issue seriously and regardless of cost, we will always do our best to make every customer a WeatherTech customer for life. Replacement requests should be emailed to me personally at dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Best regards,
David MacNeil

dpchamp87
09-14-10, 04:03 PM
My wife has them in her Benz and they fit perfectly. I suspect you have the wrong ones for the car...

dpchamp87
09-14-10, 04:04 PM
Didn't see David's post before I posted

e6t
09-14-10, 04:21 PM
Thank-you for your kind response. I checked with Engineering and what I found out is that our WeatherTech FloorLiners are a true perfect custom fit.

The floormat fit is as follows: "W93 LHS is custom for the CTS. There is a trim-able flap on the trans tunnel for the slight variation between AWD and RWD CTS’s.

The RHS will ride up slightly on the AWD and CTSV; it is a W11 RHS. We could make a mat with a flap or a trim off to achieve a better fitment for the RHS of all CTS’s."

Here's the plan gentlemen: before the month of October ends, we will have a new custom RHS mat in production per Engineering's recommendation as above. All CTS owners that are dissatisfied with their current RHS mat will have a new RHS mat sent to them at no charge. I take each and every customer issue seriously and regardless of cost, we will always do our best to make every customer a WeatherTech customer for life. Replacement requests should be emailed to me personally at dfmacneil at macneil dot com
Best regards,
David MacNeil

well, you cant ask for much better than that.

david, you may also want to consider lengthening (or i suppose shortening) the driver side mat because as it is, it gets caught on the clutch pedal.

also, the piece that touches the dead pedal, at least in the cts-v overlaps in an unsightly manner. if you're fixing something, you could fix everything.

btw, my friend that has a cts-v has just committed to buying a pair when you guys release the new ones.

thank you for your concern and amazingly prompt attention to something as simple as a $150 pair of floor mats.

andrewperez
09-14-10, 07:41 PM
Talk about a super vendor!

David,

Thank you very much for your offer. I'll take you up on it. Email sent.

Thanks again,

Andy Perez

RapidRob
09-14-10, 07:53 PM
^^^^
You have different mats from me. I have the Weathertech Floorliner digital fit mats, which cover the entire floor and come up on the sides to hold in water/salt. Will take pics of what I have when I get home.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct.aspx?ItemGroupId=52&VehId=790&Year=2009&VehOptChoiceIds=710

Just to add my 0.02 cents - I have the digital fit mats as well, and they fit perfectly. Very impressed by Dave's response, but make sure you didn't received the wrong mats before trying to replace them..

Rob

dvandentop
09-14-10, 08:41 PM
Awesome to see Dave the CEO replying to a thread on here.

i have a set of the digital fit mats and they are the best thing i have done to my caddy so far, i got the wrong set by mistake but they took care of it and event expedited production on them.

e6t
09-14-10, 09:58 PM
Ok. I just went out into the molten hot garage and messed with the mats. My initial reaction and post using "terrible" may have been too harsh. I should have said the fit was unacceptable. Part of my post was driven by frustration and the fact that the mats in no way fit like the weathertechs I've had in the past. I also wasn't entirely pleased with being told that they were "semi-custom fit" and that I should trim them to fit my $70,000 car. It wasn't as if I'd bought $9.99 universal mats from Walmart or something...

I also feel that this issue has been artfully diffused by David MacNeil, which is refreshing and greatly appreciated.

Bottom line is that the current mats are unacceptable for our cars and I think most anyone would agree. I'm very pleased with David's response and as a result will continue to buy his products for every car I own as well as recommend them to anyone I know looking for mats.

Below are pics I took as well as a detailed amount that I think should be removed for the fit to be perfect. The pics were taken with a dslr, its just tough to portray the fit issues with 2D and when everything is so black...

Maybe someone near David could take their cts-v to his place so the mats could be customized?

Again David, Thank you.

W11 RHS from above:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/4991798788_2cf558ac5d.jpg

from front:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4144/4991798798_83cb60e3be.jpg

amount of overhang:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4991798766_f7d47dbfd7.jpg

W93 LHS

Dead pedal:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/4991191701_452e85524b.jpg

Dead pedal overhang:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/4991191719_9e89ef92a3.jpg

clutch snag:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4107/4991191687_547be03a53.jpg

IBNR
09-16-10, 08:56 PM
Awesome. Don't know if MacNeil Automotive is an authorized vendor here, but they should be; they rock. We had Weathertech mats in all our trucks and SUVs when my family lived in CT and had actual winter to deal with and they were great without exception. Happily we now live in California and don't have to deal with that "white stuff" (or even very much of that "wet stuff") very often, unhappily that means I've had no need to buy Weathertech mats in several years. David's company is a poster-child for quality, responsible small business in America.

Caddyscat
09-16-10, 10:10 PM
I really like the "carpeted" look of the stock mats but I know the material eventually wears an ugly spot where your heel rests, not to mention the fact that they turn a nasty shade of brown (if you have the black carpet) over time. So I ordered a set of the Floor Liners from MacNeil shortly after buying the V. The passenger side totally didn't fit. I made the call, the gal I spoke to wasn't sure what the issue was with the mat being the wrong size, but took my description of the fitments and relayed it to the engineer in charge. About 2 hours later my concern was addressed directly from the engineer. It appeared that the Trans-tunnel was the exact same for CTS's with all-wheel drive and that they had sent me the passenger side mat for the V6 equipped car. A new set of mats was immediately dispatched to my address, along with a pre-paid shipping label for returning the wrong set. I'm not sure if the correct mats have been cross-referenced on the website, but I am sure that customer service is on a personal level with MacNeil. That alone fixes everything.

Prof
12-17-10, 01:14 PM
I believe that David has a CTS V...but if he wants me to run down with mine, I am pretty close...

By the way, I just got off the phone with his Customer Service rep...she was very helpful, knowledgeable and sounded cute!!! But I am old as dirt and any female voice sounds cute to me!

I am also not entirely pleased with the fit...but because of the way David responded, I am keeping them!!!

garfin
12-17-10, 02:24 PM
Another vote of satisfaction here from a customer with the digital floor liners! A great fit and obviously very functional. I just found that I had to push the fronts down with my hands so there was no space between the bottom of the mat and floor of the car... that's how exacting and tight the fit is on these things!
Kudos to Dave and MacNeil automotive for their handling of this issue and understanding just how important excellent customer sevice is in this day and age. With fewer and fewer companies seemingly "on the ball", any company that promotes top customer service really stands out above the crowd.
Way t'go!! :worship:

Best regards,

Elie

garfin
12-17-10, 03:14 PM
Coincidentally, I just read the 2 page Weather-Tech ad that appears in this month's Road & Track and I would just like to congratulate David on his stance and philosophy with respect to offshore products, finding a way to continue manufacturing and keeping jobs in North America, product quality and concern for the environment.
We need more manufacturers in North America who are farsighted, rather than shortsighted and who think along these lines!

Best regards,

Elie

Caddyscat
12-17-10, 07:20 PM
Coincidentally, I just read the 2 page Weather-Tech ad that appears in this month's Road & Track and I would just like to congratulate David on his stance and philosophy with respect to offshore products, finding a way to continue manufacturing and keeping jobs in North America, product quality and concern for the environment.
We need more manufacturers in North America who are farsighted, rather than shortsighted and who think along these lines!
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/210463-weathertech-mats-received-today-terrible-fitment-2.html?ktrack=kcplink

Precisely, which is why I avoid, if possible, buying shit made in China. Support your local merchants. You get what you pay for.

garfin
12-17-10, 08:03 PM
Precisely, which is why I avoid, if possible, buying shit made in China. Support your local merchants. You get what you pay for.

...and as an addendum, I was picking up a rental car today that my insurance is paying for, as a result of some clown who lives around the corner slamming into the back of my '98 Grand Caravan (don't laugh!!:shhh:) while it was parked on the street in front of my house. Needless to say, the idiot was texting and blew through a stop sign in his Mazda 3 (which was totally demolished up to the windshield with both front airbags being deployed!)

... so they pick me up in a Hyundai Sonata and I tell them that I refuse to drive a Hyundai, or any other foreign-made vehicle. I want a GM product, or at the very least, any other domestic brand. The guy behind the desk was very sympathetic, offered no argument or excuse and found a Malibu for me at a close-by location. I was only too happy to wait an extra 20 min. for it to be delivered to the location I was working with.

I'd like to think that there might be a huge "silent majority" out there, whose priorities are similar... and maybe some sharp marketing people could pick up on that and "go to town" with it. It would be nice to see.

Best regards,

Elie

DrumStix
12-17-10, 08:57 PM
i've had several pair of weathertech mats. these are by far the worst fitting mats ive ever bought. the rears are perfect, the front are awful. the passenger mat is even worse than the driver mat. it looks like the passenger mat is about 2 inches too wide. the driver mat extends onto the dead pedal about 2 inches.

i called the place i bought them and they told me that wt mats are "semi-custom" fit and that they may need to be trimmed to fit. i responded that if they are cut, they lose the essence of their weathertech matness and would no longer hold rock or water or anything else.

does anyone else have these mats?

Lloyd mats are the best on the planet that I've found. http://www.lloydmats.com/

RLJ676
01-03-11, 10:15 PM
I ordered the digital fit a week ago (after reading this thread and seeing the support). How long did they take for everyone else to get mfg'd? I still don't have a tracking number.

jrcmlc
01-04-11, 12:36 AM
I'm going to order a set of these, but since I'm in IL, I have to pay $18 shipping, $4 insurance and sales tax, bringing them to almost $200 for the liners. Has anyone had any luck ordering from one of weathertech's resellers (that's not in IL LOL)?

Joe

jrcmlc
01-20-11, 08:19 PM
I ended up just paying sales tax and ordering direct. I got the floorliners. I put them in today and the fitment around the sides is almost unacceptable. I can remedy it a bit on the drivers by tucking it under the side plastic, but on the passenger side it's absolutely miserable. I attempted to put the pictures in this post. On the passenger side left, bottom corner there is enough room to fit 2 fingers under the floor mat, and you can see that on the sides there is a ton of room, it doesn't lay against the sides of the footwell at all.

The rears fit pretty well, and since I can tuck the drivers side under the factory plastic trim, as shown in one of the pictures, my only REAL problem is the pass. side.

I guess I'll have to either cut them or send them back...I don't know.

Joe

jrcmlc
01-20-11, 08:54 PM
LOL...I called and sat on hold for about 15 minutes BEFORE the automated system told me I was 16th in the queue. Maybe I'll try tomorrow.

Joe

jonvontg1
01-20-11, 10:21 PM
Weathertech mats are one of the few things in life that really work and fit perfect. I've used them since 2001 in 6 various cars and Jeeps!
JonVon MP, ILL

jrcmlc
01-20-11, 10:42 PM
But mine don't....

RLJ676
01-20-11, 11:21 PM
I ended up just paying sales tax and ordering direct. I got the floorliners. I put them in today and the fitment around the sides is almost unacceptable. I can remedy it a bit on the drivers by tucking it under the side plastic, but on the passenger side it's absolutely miserable. I attempted to put the pictures in this post. On the passenger side left, bottom corner there is enough room to fit 2 fingers under the floor mat, and you can see that on the sides there is a ton of room, it doesn't lay against the sides of the footwell at all.

The rears fit pretty well, and since I can tuck the drivers side under the factory plastic trim, as shown in one of the pictures, my only REAL problem is the pass. side.

I guess I'll have to either cut them or send them back...I don't know.

Joe

Agreed, the passenger size didn't fit quite as well as I'd hoped........Seems like the shape almost doesn't hold in shipping. I'm hoping it'll get better w/ time.

jrcmlc
01-21-11, 11:32 AM
On the phone, holding again right now, 9:30am CST. 8th in line. Sigh. I'll edit this post as soon as they tell me "too bad that's the way they fit" "you can send them back if you're not happy". double Sigh.

Well, 9:53am and that's not exactly what they said. The girl asked me to email pictures and explain what was in the pictures and she was going to "talk to someone" and get back to me. We'll see.

Joe

jrcmlc
01-21-11, 12:10 PM
She called back, she says I should have picked "cts rwd" instead of "cts-v" in the selection. She and her manager ASSURE me that's the issue. If that's the case, they need to drastically update the ordering process. Who with a CTSV is going to skip that option and pick CTS RWD? nobody, and I don't suspect they will fit any better, but we'll see.

Joe

RLJ676
01-21-11, 02:27 PM
She called back, she says I should have picked "cts rwd" instead of "cts-v" in the selection. She and her manager ASSURE me that's the issue. If that's the case, they need to drastically update the ordering process. Who with a CTSV is going to skip that option and pick CTS RWD? nobody, and I don't suspect they will fit any better, but we'll see.

Joe

Oh, that's logical hahaha.

jrcmlc
02-08-11, 04:17 PM
More info: Finally 1 month after ordering the 1st set, the 2nd set of "correct" mats arrived. They are clearly not even for this car even though the box says cts-v on it. This is not the customer service I expected after reading Mr. MacNeil's reply from the 1st post. I'm going to email him directly to see if we can get this fixed.

Joe

Prof
02-08-11, 06:49 PM
I mistakenly ordered two sets...EEK!

Keeping one set, not perfect but they catch a lot of the slop!!

Got a refund to my AMEX in a couple of days after telling them that I had ordered two sets, one was sent back...

jrcmlc
02-08-11, 06:52 PM
I got an instant reply from Mr. Macneil and another a bit later indicating they are working on the issue and will take care of it. I guess I should have gotten HIM involved about a month ago.

Joe

RLJ676
02-08-11, 09:01 PM
I got an instant reply from Mr. Macneil and another a bit later indicating they are working on the issue and will take care of it. I guess I should have gotten them involved about a month ago.

Joe

Please keep us updated with the solution! Thanks.

offmango
02-08-11, 09:56 PM
I just ordered a set of floor liners and a cargo liner for my wagon. I noticed when ordering for the CTS-V, there's a note that the floor liners don't fit the coupe, but it didn't say anything about the wagon. I'm hoping the fit will be okay; I've used their mats in the past and loved them, and I've got a lot of respect for a company who's CEO takes the hands-on approach that MacNeil's does.

dvandentop
02-09-11, 01:21 AM
I just ordered a set of floor liners and a cargo liner for my wagon. I noticed when ordering for the CTS-V, there's a note that the floor liners don't fit the coupe, but it didn't say anything about the wagon. I'm hoping the fit will be okay; I've used their mats in the past and loved them, and I've got a lot of respect for a company who's CEO takes the hands-on approach that MacNeil's does.
Dave is a fellow car enthusiast and racer was well so he liked to keep people happy.

Also as far as the V wagon floor mats i dont see why they would be any different then the sedan ones.

db_la
05-01-12, 05:16 AM
I am about to request an RMA for the Weathertech DigitalFit floorliners I received for my 2012 CTS-V Wagon. The fit around the dead pedal has about an inch gap, and there is about a 1/2 inch space under the mat around the pedal area. In addition, the front passenger mat has a big gap along the transmission tunnel.

Customer service, although friendly, has not provided a remedy after nearly three weeks, so I am fast approaching the 30 day return limit. I am really very disappointed since my two previous vehicles with Weathertech DigitalFit floorliners had flawless fits, and I have, till now, recommended them to more people than I can count. I am ticked that I will have to eat the shipping on a defective product.

db_la
05-04-12, 05:26 PM
I called Weathertech today to get the Return Authorization. Because they are not able to fix the fitment on the front floor mats, they offered to pick-up the return shipping cost by providing prepaid FedEx labels. I asked them if they would ever fix the design for the 2012 CTS-V Wagon, but they could not answer.

While I am not a satisfied customer, it could have been worse. I am really going to miss the Weathertech digital floorliners after having had such good experience with them on my other vehicles. I guess I will try the Lloyds mats.