: ideas on how much it would cost to have a new steering wheel installed?

e6t
09-13-10, 05:44 PM
i bought my car with the "suede" but im interested in replacing it with the leather wheel and shifter.

i can change the shifter, i cannot change the steering wheel.

commander112
09-13-10, 08:07 PM
Why do you want to switch back? I am thinking about going to the suade. Also, somewhere on here is a thread about changing the wheel. It does not sound difficult at all.

e6t
09-13-10, 08:12 PM
the leather wheel is a little thicker than the suede.

coming from a bmw, if you disconnect an airbag it can cause all sorts of problems, with the possibility of having to have the car reprogrammed.

i searched for threads about steering wheels, but had no luck finding anything about the v2.

commander112
09-13-10, 08:13 PM
i will try to find it for you. hang on.

Nutz
09-13-10, 09:16 PM
I posted in the past. EASY stuff. DISCONNECT BATTERY, push a BLUNT object into the small back holes in the back of the steering wheel, air bag will lift off, unplug and lay down FACE UP. Unplug harness for steering wheel controls. Unbolt steering wheel torx bolt and lift off wheel. No puller needed. reverse for install.

Oh, and if you have a manual car, my leather steering wheel and shifter are on e-bay now for a smokin deal...:thumbsup:

Easy2speed
09-13-10, 09:27 PM
I too am switching to the leather wheel from suede. I never liked the feel of the suede and I prefer the thicker leather wheel. I bought a new leather wheel for $257+ tax at the dealer. It's a great deal compared to the BMW M steering wheels.

e6t
09-13-10, 09:34 PM
i finally found a thread:

Steering Wheel and Auto Shift Knob Removal (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/189633-steering-wheel-auto-shift-knob-removal.html)

Doesnt sound hard except for the risk of death from the airbag.

commander112
09-13-10, 10:11 PM
Sorry I did not post the info. Ran out for the first half of MNF. Glad someone else posted it.

andrewperez
09-13-10, 10:21 PM
I had my leather wheel and knob wrapped in suede by Caravaggio Corvettes. Now I have the best of both worlds........better suede and a thicker wheel :yup:

I liked it so much, John Caravaggio is doing my Corvette wheel as we speak.

e6t
09-14-10, 12:51 AM
I had my leather wheel and knob wrapped in suede by Caravaggio Corvettes. Now I have the best of both worlds........better suede and a thicker wheel :yup:

I liked it so much, John Caravaggio is doing my Corvette wheel as we speak.

Saw that in another thread... Looks RIDICULOUS. You said it cost more than stock... How much more?

aj660
09-14-10, 03:27 AM
i bought my car with the "suede" but im interested in replacing it with the leather wheel and shifter.

i can change the shifter, i cannot change the steering wheel.

I purchased my car with the leather and I'm happy with my decision. I test drove a cts-v coupe with the suede and I hated the look. To me, the leather feels and looks so much nicer.

Personally, I'd just take the car to the dealer and have them do it... Afterall, the steering wheel is pretty important, so I'd want it done right.

andrewperez
09-14-10, 10:31 AM
Saw that in another thread... Looks RIDICULOUS. You said it cost more than stock... How much more?

I paid $495 plus shipping.

Here it is again:

egyptianzeus
09-15-10, 01:52 AM
I wanted to order the suede wheel from the dealer and they said the wheel is 284 but found it much cheaper at gmpartsdirect.com and my SA said that it would probably cost about $85 to install the new wheel. e6t, how much you willing to sell ur suede wheel for?

Dr.Buzz
09-15-10, 07:56 AM
I had a local shop change out my leather wheel to suede for $50. If anyone wants a leather wheel for auto car mine is like new for $100.

Nine Ball
09-15-10, 11:47 AM
I switched my leather wheel to suede. If anyone wants to trade wheels, I'd like to have a spare suede wheel. My leather one is in perfect condition, yours must be too.

Tony

Nine Ball
09-15-10, 11:51 AM
I switched my leather wheel to suede. If anyone wants to trade wheels, I'd like to have a spare suede wheel. My leather one is in perfect condition, yours must be too.

Tony

off1c3r
09-16-10, 03:57 AM
I just ordered a car and added the lux package which gives me the wood trim which I do NOT want. I was going to replace all the wood with CTS-V trim (thats doable right? I can just order the trim?) but the steering wheel will still have the wood. Theres no way to take the wood off and replace that right? I'd have to change steering wheel? In that case.. this thread is relevant :P

GMX322V S/C
09-16-10, 05:32 AM
off1c3r - PM sent!

off1c3r
09-16-10, 05:36 AM
off1c3r - PM sent!

I can't reply it won't let me lol! It still says new member after I typed a bunch of stuff... can you PM me again with an alternative contact email or something?

Thanks

off1c3r
09-18-10, 12:06 AM
Sent!