: What the hell it was! A Honda Civic with strange acceleration!

ben.gators
09-13-10, 02:46 AM
After watching "Resident Evil 3D", which was very impressive, I was driving back to the home. I took an up hill ramp to join to a highway. The ramps here in Valley area are usually 2 lines, but these two lanes merge to be a single lane when ramp joins to the highway. My RPM was at 3000 and the speed about 45MPH and I was accelerating smoothly. In rear review mirror I observed a car about 75 ft behind me but on the other lane, which seemed to be accelerating fast... Because I knew that there is a merge of these two lanes ahead I decided to accelerate more to ensure that I would reach the merge safely before he reaches to me at the merge point, which would be a dangerous situation for both of us. I increased the RPM till 4500 and my speed rapidly reached to 70MPH, but it seems that it was too late and too little.... The next thing that I can remember is observing a blue Honda Civic from my driver window, and he passed me very fast..... I had reached to the merge point before him and I was inside the single lane ramp, but he drove out of the ramp lines and passed me and merged to the highway.... If I knew that the he is an stubborn reckless driver that is driving a very sharp car I would reduce my speed in first place so that he could pass me easily and then we both would safely merge to the highway! But I had underestimated that Civic!

I consider my STS as a very strong and sharp car. Definitely this is not the fastest car on the road. So far I have observed dozen of F-Body cars in roads that were much faster than my STS and could easily pass me, but not a Civic!
That Civic was ultra fast!!! Even if I floored the gas, I would not have a big chance against him.... I am still in shock of that Civic! What the hell it was!!! It was a eight gen Civic.... As far as I know an stock Civic should not be so fast! There should be dozen of aftermarket upgrades done on that Civic... I really have no idea about that Civic. The only thing I know is it was super fast!

OffThaHorseCEO
09-13-10, 06:49 AM
doesnt matter how fast that civic was or what he had done on it, that guy was an idiot.

CIWS
09-13-10, 07:20 AM
Civics are very light and with a decent turbo can out run a modified CTS-V with over 500bhp

ben.gators
09-13-10, 03:57 PM
doesnt matter how fast that civic was or what he had done on it, that guy was an idiot.

Sure he was, however that Civic left me in shock for a while!

Civics are very light and with a decent turbo can out run a modified CTS-V with over 500bhp
Huh! That is crazy... and what if that light poorly reinforced Civic loses his control because of a mild wind?!

CIWS
09-13-10, 05:49 PM
Huh! That is crazy... and what if that light poorly reinforced Civic loses his control because of a mild wind?!

The same thing that happens to everyone else if they exceed their aerodynamics

Let the video load then go to 1:00

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ricekillercom-budget-turbo-honda-vs-500hp-cts_638166.htm