: Are there Any Real Warranty Companys out there ?

ThumperPup
09-12-10, 08:06 PM
Ok i know i have heard that alot of ppl thing they are nothing but fake company sthat take your money and nothing els never pay for repairs or if they do they only pay like shitty amounts and all
but does anyone know of a Real Extrended Car Warranty Company ?
im just tired of putting dime after dime into this caddy
and now knowing im going to get the Block Replaced this will be anywhere from 3300 to 4000 after i take into acount driving to get it repaired gas hotels and food and anyting els i might need this also includes the repair its self
and since i only got a 6k 6month warranty on the tranny
and all this
and everyign els seems to work perfect for now nock on wood lol

but im not going to put one more dime into this if anything els goes wrong im just going to blow the car up and then barry the remains of the caddy im tired of this shit

so does anyone know a real warranty company that they might recomend or that they have heard anyting good about ?
i dont care if they only pay 50 percent of the reapir better to spend 1500 then 3000 again
just hoping someone knows something at all

i have hear that Warranty Direct and CarChex and there is one other warranty company that is preaty good when it comes to standing up and all but not sure if its real or not anyone got anything for me
thanks

Ranger
09-12-10, 09:51 PM
It won't be cheap. Besides, it seems a little late. The big ticket items are already paid for out of pocket. You'll probably pay $1000 - $2000 in advance for repairs you may or may not need.

ThumperPup
09-12-10, 10:06 PM
nods yup im aware of that Ranger but still you know after spending 2200 on the HG's to only find out the block is cracked now thats going ot be a Min of 3000 probably maybe even up to 4k and might not get more then a 12k 12month warranty that will be up for me in 4 months of driving tops
unless i put a new engine in for like 5000 and then 1500 for the instal porblayb then ill get like a 100k warranty or somehting like that from jsper or what ever GM would give but im not willing to take the chance something els might go wrong and i know some of the ones the advertize warrantys take montly payment so id rather spend 2k on a warranty and get them to pay 800 for a ac repair then not buy it and pay 800 myself its just the princible and i plan to keep the car another 10 years so im just tired of pumping money in so im looking for the long run i know there are some that add 3 year 100k warrantys
so id rather find somewhere that is real that does that and ill pay 100 a month just like paying insurance you never really plan on needing it but you gota have it you know what i mean

Ranger
09-12-10, 10:33 PM
I hear ya. There was a lengthy discussion some years back about warranties. Try doing a search for it. There was some good info and one of the responders actually sold them.

ben.gators
09-12-10, 10:56 PM
Once I was looking for an extended warranty for my Cadi and then for my friends car and did a lot if research about these companies, sum it up I was horrified so much from ppl's stories with these companies that I totally gave up and said my self I will pay from my own pocket when it happens... There might be good warranty companies, but extended warranty market is so messed up with fake companies that no one dare to trust any company!

Playdrv4me
09-12-10, 11:43 PM
The best aftermarket extended warranties are typically sold only through dealers. JM (Jim Moran) group's warranty actually paid several thousand dollars in repairs on Chad's Mercedes when the headgasket failed on that car. The down-side is, Jim Moran is ONLY sold through dealerships and you can not go out and just buy it on your own. There aren't many I would recommend.

ThumperPup
09-13-10, 12:04 AM
I m thinking i may go to a few dealers or call some up and tell them my sistation and see if they would purchase a warranty for me or alow me to purchase one but they buy it for me and ill pay them back in that case

ThumperPup
09-13-10, 12:24 AM
The best aftermarket extended warranties are typically sold only through dealers. JM (Jim Moran) group's warranty actually paid several thousand dollars in repairs on Chad's Mercedes when the headgasket failed on that car. The down-side is, Jim Moran is ONLY sold through dealerships and you can not go out and just buy it on your own. There aren't many I would recommend.

Isnt the Jim Moran warranty Group the Fidelity Warranty Coverage Company ?

RippyPartsDept
09-13-10, 10:05 AM
Pup, clear out your sent items - your PM box is full

ThumperPup
09-13-10, 10:32 AM
Pup, clear out your sent items - your PM box is full

Just did i totaly forgot to clear them last nite before bed golly box files up fast lol

Stingroo
09-13-10, 11:45 AM
Jim Moran's business is based in my home town in Florida. His name is on all sorts of things down in south FL.

Playdrv4me
09-13-10, 06:37 PM
Isnt the Jim Moran warranty Group the Fidelity Warranty Coverage Company ?

You got it, that's them. Back when I bought it for my 1998 LS400 in 2006 that Fidelity warranty was only available for purchase through qualified dealerships. Ernie Haire Ford did a lot of business buying and selling cars from JM Lexus down further south in Stingroo's neck of the woods, so it kind of made sense that they picked them up for extended warranties as well. I actually cancelled that warranty because honestly, it didn't make a damn bit of sense to have a 1500.00 insurance policy on an LS400.

ThumperPup
09-13-10, 07:50 PM
I found a few places one that is stand up place AA Automotive Warranty but they said they don't cover gaskets on a car that has as many miles as mine even if i have proofe that they where just doen that really bites

orconn
09-13-10, 09:02 PM
Your car is ten years old, I doubt that there is a (legitimate) warranty company anywhere that would underwrite any that old at a premium that would make sense to any but the feeble minded. You would be much better off buying a new, but cheaper car, especially since you drive this car for business. Luxury business cars only make sense you are able to write off a majority of their cost against income tax. If you don't itemize you Fed tax return then you can never recover the true cost of using such a car for business purposes. Sorry but that's how the cow ate the cabbage!

Ranger
09-13-10, 09:37 PM
Got a nice low mileage SLS up in the for sale section for ya.

ThumperPup
09-13-10, 11:40 PM
Hey Ranger if i had 7,000 in cash id make you an offer on that caddy only reason i wouldnt go over 7,000 is because i know wher ei could pick up a 2004 sls with 52k on it for 8,000
ran into one a few days ago during my car hunting
but i dont have that cash so i just cant do it i think im going to make myself happy and just had the O set back to like 50k knowing its really 160 and well its not ileagle in Ohio to do so unless you dont disclose it to any furtur buyer or if law informent asks but i think i might just actualy set it back to 0 and say hey i got a brand new car all the shit i have doen to it why not LOL

Ranger
09-14-10, 10:51 PM
WOW! Either he's low or she's high. I think that's a hell of a price for an '04.

RippyPartsDept
09-14-10, 11:09 PM
talked to one of the service advisors today about aftermarket warranties
he said that the best one that he's ever encountered was the "Zurich"
he said he's not sure if it's sold after the sale (company probably has to get 'approved' to sell their warranties)
he did say that they have paid for everything that was ever asked
their only question has been "how much?"

ThumperPup
09-15-10, 12:13 AM
WOW! Either he's low or she's high. I think that's a hell of a price for an '04.

yeah thats exactly what i was thinking its trible Black on black on black i know i have only seen one other Caddy Seville that was all black and this thing is awesome

ThumperPup
09-15-10, 12:17 AM
talked to one of the service advisors today about aftermarket warranties
he said that the best one that he's ever encountered was the "Zurich"
he said he's not sure if it's sold after the sale (company probably has to get 'approved' to sell their warranties)
he did say that they have paid for everything that was ever asked
their only question has been "how much?"

just googled them and its not showing they sell to idividuals wich sucks :(

RippyPartsDept
09-15-10, 01:16 AM
yeah, that's what my service guy thought... oh well

ThumperPup
09-15-10, 11:45 AM
how ever i can go on there website and purchase a home warranty or insurance threw them but not a car warranty lol